What was your "good deal" of 2014?

tuckerdog1

Not necessarily the best gun you bought, but the "deal" that made you smile.

I got lucky when a local GS had some old 3rd gen S&W LE trades for sale. They were so cheap, I bought two. I knew I could flip one to further reduce the cost of the one I kept. I bought a 6906 & a 6946 for $204 each OTD. I sold the 6946 for $300 ( which was still a good deal for the buyer ). That brought the final cost of the 6906 to $108. It's my new truck gun.

Tuckerdog1

I snagged a m91/30 in great condition, a Finnish M91 "d" barrel in great shape, excellent blue but sans stock, a Chinese type 53 carbine and a h&r pardner pump used, package deal from a buddy cleaning house for 350$ for all. we figured the pump costed me 50$ I was also able to build a super reliable 300blk pistol for under 500 including bolt. it has quickly become the gun that ALWAYS go to the range. I also feel like the best quality pistol I own is the Tri-Star t100 compact which I picked up from academy for less than 299$, my most reliable and accurate semi auto. lot of good deals

Skizz rocked it!

My S&W pre model 10 shoots great. I got it for $136.

The H&R 32 magnum also shoots great. It cost $115.

The Savage 22 rifle from the 1930's, with original scope, cost somewhere around $125. It is the best 22 rifle I have ever owned. :-)

Almost new in the box 2 1/2" S&W 686-4, $575.00. From a buddy who said, "give what I paid for it" brand new! :) It had 6 rounds put through it, he didn't like the blast of the short barrel. Also, a friend of mine who wanted a smaller cc gun (LCP) sold me his very lightly used SW9VE Sigma for $175.00 with 2 16 rd mags. Both shoot perfectly!

Last edited:
Dunno about a DEAL per say, but my wife bought an "unscheduled" ring and a Ruger Vaquero showed up on my doorstep.

Sure made me smile :D

S&W Model 69 5-shot 4" bbl. 44 Magnum barely used from a local guy who needed cash for another project... (Serial #001xx)... Cool gun.

I helped my buddy get a model 10-5 with a 6" pencil barrel off GB for about $280 total. I shot it and decided I wanted one of my own. I looked high and low for another deal like this but could never find one.

So about a month ago my bud handed me a plastic sack and said "here ya go". Inside was the S&W AND a brand new Schrade Old Timer knife. All for free. That's the best deal I have got in a long time.

I also bought a Detective special and an S&W model 915 9mm for $500 from a friend wanting them out of his house. The 915 came with a left handed Uncle Mikes duty holster and two extra mags in a leather mag pouch. Plus the gun had a trigger job done on it. It belonged to a local cop. The holster does me no good but my oldest son is a lefty and it would work for him.

I sold the dick special on GB and my part of the take was $465. So I have $35 invested in the model 915. That's one of my better deals.

Last edited:
You are right Tuckerdog1. And the mags work in my Marlin Camp Carbine 9mm rifle. Also the 20 round mags for the Marlin will work in the 915.

S&W 586-4 4" from a retired police officer for $500. Came with crimson laser grip too!

Sold my shield 9mm to my buddy for $250. It had only about 2 boxes shot through it. Guess that would be his good deal.

On the second day of a local gun show I came upon a HK P7M8 for sale. After a quick haggle I walked away with a very nice pistol for $670. I shoots great! I love gun shows. :D

I picked up a chromed Chiappa Rhino w/4" barrel that had only been shot (36) times for $200 less than the going rate on them. I got to use the "I'd better get this deal while I can" excuse to con the wife into letting me blow more money on guns.

How about this. Kimber Carry Pro II in 9mm.

(It really was purchsed January 3, 2015 but I'll put it in.)

16061067119_23c481af33_z.jpg

Tagged at $599.00. We took it apart at the counter, the LGS guy and I couldn't see where it had been shot at all.

Used Ruger GP100 fixed sight half lug blued .357 for under $300. This was a true find. The gun is wicked accurate even with the fixed sights, and functions like a dream. Only a few tiny holster wear nicks.

Black Friday saw me at Walmart at 0600. No line, at least,but
it was -22F. Got me a Ruger SR556C for 20% off. I have been
wanting one since they came out with it. Had not found any
handguns that I wanted, all year.:D
ruger_sr_556c_carbine-tfb-tm.jpg

Last edited:
Back