what pocket guns do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have or have had just most of the the ones made in the last 5-10 years, but the only one that has really stuck around has been my S&W 340PD.

If I had to choose a .380 for pocket carry it would probably be a S&W BG380, 9mm would be a PM9.

NAA 22Mag around the house and yard, Ruger LCP 380 or Kahr PM9 typically when out around town, LCR 357 when out hiking, and NAA Guardian 380, Beretta 950 22short to change things up. The rest are too big for pocket.

Just a couple of smaller ones here,

Kel Tec PF9

Iver Johnson Cadet 55-S in .22 LR

Bond Arms Snake Slayer in .45/.410

I also own a Makarov, but it's a little too large and heavy to be a true pocket gun.

Ruger LCP for times when only the smallest will do.

Kahr CM40 for times when I can get by with carrying something a little bigger with more punch.

Either way a backup mag or two in the opposite pocket.

Iver Johnson TP-22 (reliability issues)
AMT Backup II .380 (wanted something lighter)
NAA .22lr (couldn't hit anything with it)
PSP Baby Browning clone (wanted more power)
Ruger LCP (I think this one's a keeper)

I have a few...

I like old .32 ACP - or 7.65 Browning, if preferred - pistols. Here are three now. Actually, the MAB may not count; it was issued as a uniform 'belt gun' by the French National Police from the end of the Second World War until about 1965 (or so).

Attachments

• H and R Self Loading Left Side.JPG
    H and R Self Loading Left Side.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC00115.JPG
    DSC00115.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Colt 1903 left side (2).JPG
    Colt 1903 left side (2).JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 40
Couple more...

These three are a Beretta 418 (.25 ACP), a Savage 1907 (.32 ACP) and a Beretta 1935 (.32 ACP). They were all advertised as 'personal' pistols. To be fair, the pockets in a man's suit coat were bigger than currently sized; the Savage might not qualify strictly as a pocket pistol.

Attachments

• Beretta Mod 418 right.jpg
    Beretta Mod 418 right.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00203.JPG
    DSC00203.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Beretta 1935 left side (2).JPG
    Beretta 1935 left side (2).JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 37
photo_zps419cb1d6.jpg

S&W Bodyguard .380 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster with a spare magazine in a Desantis Mag-Packer all loaded with Hornady Critical Defense. Also put a Pachmayr slip-on grip to help fill my hand a little better and it helps a lot.

I plan on getting a set of Big Dot XS Sights for it later on

At my previous job we were allowed to carry duty weapons at most locations and I had my HK USP .45 on my hip or on my thigh but at my new job we aren't allowed to carry any weapons and hiding an HK USP or my Glock 30 is difficult especially in our uniforms so I pocket carry this little setup (on the down-low) so I at least have something if things ever go sideways.

Last edited:
LCP, LCR, TP738, TP.22PLY, M21, 950BS, M37, M642, 900, Ortgies .32, PF9, NAA.22LR, TP.22, Undercover .38.
Almost makes the cut: M10 2".

Last edited:
Sig P938

When I first got mine I carried it naked in my pocket for two weeks.

My wife notices if I have one little hair longer than others and if I have gone a day without shaving very early in the second day. BUT, she never noticed I had it in my pocket.

AND, the thing will shoot anything I put in it. Exceptionally accurate for a shorter barreled gun.

The only malfunction I ever had could be attributed to the second magazine insert made and it was probably because I did not fully seat the magazine. New gun, tight tolerances that were there for a fleeting moment.

700-800 rds through it and I trust it.

keltec p-32

A couple years ago just after our current presidents election, I was in the market for a pocket pistol. This was the time of mass ammo shortages, which lead me to purchase a keltec p-32. Normally I would of never considered a .32 caliber pistol, but due to the lack of all popular ammo I ended up with one. Honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about it, I've put a ton of ammo through it since then with zero problems. Nothin fancy but I like it.

I've gotten away from pocket carry within the last month. But for the four or so years prior to that I pocket carried a Taurus TCP .380. Man that thing is reliable.
Got a Sig P238 bout six months ago, but the wife freed me form it's clutches.
I now carry a Taurus PT709 IWB that I am really liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back