What kind of hand gun would you like to see produced?

sw_florida

On my own wish list is a semi automatic in stainless steel, rubust, heavy duty, 5 inch barrel, for the .357 sig cartridge. I don't mind a weight of 45-50 oz. Will they ever make one?

why not just get yourself an all steel.40 cal 1911 and get a KKM .357 sig barrel for it??? Your with is granted.

a 44mag 1911

Already been done, no longer in production though. Photo compliments of a current gunbroker auction, (not mine).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Griz44.jpg
    Griz44.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,776
Spookboy, . . . get a .460 Rowland kit for your 1911, . . . not much separates the two, . . . :eek:

Google up .460 Rowland, . . . the info is there.:D

I got a .22 conversion for my 1911, . . . am seriously looking into the .460 also.

I would also like to see some enterprising group make a "lefty" 1911. Seems to me it could be very easily done, . . . and if a feller was enterprising, . . . it could come in kit form.

May God bless,
Dwight

A Broomhandle lookalike in 9MM or .45 ACp.... for under $600....

I wouldn;t mind if they just took a Charter Arms Explorer 2 and were able to beef it up to 9MM.

SGHOTH

Now that’s a gun. I wonder why they don’t produce it anymore. It would be really nice in a 4” model. That doesn’t look like it has a full length grip on it. Ideally they need to develop a rimless cartridge with the same ballistics as the 44 mag. for a gun like that. I wonder how it performed.

The guns worked well. The reason the grip looks short is because it is long to accomidate the 44 mag cartrige. LAR also made them in 357, 45WM, 50ae, 10mm and the rare 357/45 necked cart. LAR ran into some kind of trouble with the 1911 varients and stopped production some time ago. They still make a 50BMG and Ar receivers. I never found out what the problem was with the 1911 varients.

A short-barreled, 5-shot .44 Special in as absolutely small a package as possible. In other words, a .44 Special J-frame.

S&W would be the only acceptable manufacturer; the Charter Arms Bulldog doesn't do it for me.

Should be produced in both steel-framed and Airlite versions.

3 kinds...

I would like to see them bring back the Colt Python. As for guns that aren't made (yet);) 2 come to mind. The 454 Casull and the fictitious 13mm Jackal used by Alucard in the animated series Hellsing.

Epyon

"A short-barreled, 5-shot .44 Special in as absolutely small a package as possible. In other words, a .44 Special J-frame."

Taurus 445, I own one and it’s a little larger than a J frame because it has to be but still smaller than a 66. I like the one that I own but it needed a little tuning to make it a good gun. For that small of a gun the balance is almost perfect.

"S&W would be the only acceptable manufacturer; the Charter Arms Bulldog doesn't do it for me."

Smith did make a smaller 44 SP, made from titanium, I forget the model number but it was hammerless and I hated the gun. The balance was very poor and muzzle flip was nasty.
If you can find an older Bulldog there good guns and I own one. I don’t know why you are against them and I would be interested in why. If you have shot one and it had wooden grips I can understand your dislike but with Pachmiers there good shooters.
Then again from all my experience the newer Charter 2000 are mostly scrap.

A 6 shot, Smith & Wesson, "L" frame in 10mm Auto with a 3" bbl. and round butt and fixed sights. That'd be about the ultimate CCW revolver, at least for me it would be. I know they had a 10mm Auto a few years back but as an "N" frame gun with a 5"(IIRC it was a 5") bbl. it was way too large for CCW.

In a revolver: A K-frame sized, fixed sight, 6 or 7-shot 357, no idiot locks or two piece barrels. Make it available in blue or SS.

In a semi auto: A DA/SA, 10 round, aluminum or scandium framed 45, that looks like a 1911. NOT made by Para, thanks anyway. Preferably made by Colt, or S&W.

Regards 18DAI.

A Glock 357 mag would be cool! A Rifle or shotgun from Glock would be cool too! I really want S&W to get rid of the locks and MIM and bring back the 4506/4566.

Back