What is your ideal EDC setup?

Whatever you think about carrying extra magazines, seeing as how even the lightest handgun drags down the belt (assuming that's where you carry it) a bit, balancing that with extra magazines makes a lot of sense. But in my case, all those other things go in my bag. I don't like carrying things in my pockets. Also, by my standards, law enforcement officers are still civilians.

A gun, a flashlight, two knives, 2 spare magazines, and a partridge in a pair tree.
Ok, ok, everything except the two knives! :D

DD

Ideal LOL I want a LCR size gun that at the push of a button transforms into an 870.
For me my MEDC (most every day carry) is either my 442 or LCR weak side front pocket in pocket holster. usually with a speed strip with it at the bottom of the pocket behind holster.
strong side pocket holds keys and a medium size Swiss Army knife there's a Kershaw Ken Onion clipped in it.
Back pockets carry wallet and work ID.
I usually have carpenter style Jeans?shorts and keep cell phone and Sure-fire in the pocket on right leg.

Pocket knife on cargo right pocket ,SEECAMP 32 in right pocket .Wallet left front pocket. keys right rear pocket.

KAK said:
Did I cover all the bases?

Sounds like you've got it pretty well covered.

I would consider a hand-held light. I know you've got your TLR but a small flashlight comes in handy...I use mine all the time. (I carry a hand-held even if I've got a WML on my pistol).

The other thing I would consider, that many CCW'ers never think about, is some method of dealing with trauma. A TK-4 tourniquet or even a bandanna can easily fit in a back pocket and provide a readily-accessible means of stopping blood loss.

Glock 26 with Pearce grips, 12+1 in a high noon down under IWB Holster.
Additional 17 round magazine, Blade Tech Kydex Tek-Lok
Surefire E2d LED Defender, left rear pocket
Benchmade 950 Rift, right pocket.
Federal 124 Gr HST ammunition

Phone, keys, etc..

I always carry: Keys, Wallet, Cold Steel Ti-lite folder, pen, ipod, cell phone & bluetooth.

Keys and knife go in right front pocket. Pen, ipod, phone go in the left. Wallet sits in my right rear pocket.

Use a Galco Carry lite belt, found it to be an excellent belt at a very good price.

I have a few pistols I carry.

Load 1: Taurus 650

It's my newest pistol, and the one I've been carrying the most recently since it's my smallest gun. It's a 357, but I load it with Hornady Critical Defense 38+p most of the time. It rides between 3 & 5 in a High Noon Split Decision IWB Tuckable holster.

I also carry a single Bianchi Speed strip loaded with 5 rounds in my pocket (though I'm ordering a pouch for it when I get money)

Load 2: CZ PCR

My favorite pistol, the one I carry most of the time. 14+1 rounds of 9mm in the gun. Usually carry the Critical Defense, but sometimes TAP or Federal Hydra-Shok. The gun rides between 3 & 5 in either a High Noon Down Under IWB, or a High Noon Speedy Spanky Paddle Holster.

Carry a single 14 rnd mag in a Galco Horizontal mag pouch between 7-9. Never really seen the need to carry more than the one spare.

Load 3: CZ-75b

Haven't carry this one much since I got the PCR, but still pull her out now and then. 19+1 rounds of 9mm in the gun with a MecGar aftermarket mag. Use the same ammo as I have for my PCR. Again the Gun rides between 3&5, and for the moment uses the Holsters I have for the PCR until I break down and buy her her own holsters. Probably High Noon again for the IWB, but leaning towards the iTac Defense paddle, (since Blackhawk won't make a serpa for the CZ's) but may still go with another Speedy Spanky.

My spare is a single 17rnd mag in the same Galco Pouch.

Mine varies on the weather, the 'chore' and how far from home I'm traveling.

In general it involves basic load: a handgun, somewhere around 5-30 rounds (0-1 reloads), pocket knife, keys, phone, lighter.

I sometimes add flashlight and/or multitool depending on the circumstances.

Overnight trips out of town may include more reloads, plus possibly a light 3 day bug out bag with med kit, proper survival knife, a longgun with reloads, and ballistic vest in the vehicle.

Ruger LCP in wallet holster - Always

Kershaw Assisted Opening Folder - Always

Kel-Tec PF-9 in tuckable IWB at 10:00 - in uncertain situations in hot weather.

Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro in IWB at 4:00 - Serious Social Occasions.

The LCP serves as a "New York Reload" when I'm carrying a heavier weapon -- I generally don't carry a spare magazine.

Beretta 96A1 with 1 or 2 spare magazines (25 or 37 total rounds)
Surefire 6P LED Defender
Benchmade 520SBK

My EDC depends on the weather and my attire. In warm weather, I take the 9mm, because its easy to conceal in my normal summer clothing, in the winter I like the reassurance of having the .45 ACP on my hip when the scumbags will likely have heavy clothing on.

Warm weather
G19(in Blackhawk! CQC holster on strong side)
extra 15rd magazine on belt
el-cheapo browning flip-knife
wallet
keys
phone

Cold weather
G21(in Blackhawk! serpa holster on strong side)
extra 13rd magazine on belt
el-cheapo browning flip-knife
wallet
keys
phone

And sometimes I carry both, the G19 riding in a IWB on my back and G21 on my hip. And no, I'm not 6'6", and average height at best, but even when carrying both weapons + spare mags, I do not feel particularly bogged down.

Perhaps I'm just young and stubborn:rolleyes:

It's NOT a "gun-fight"? Get over it!

1. He shoots; 2. I shoot to defend citizens and/or myself; 3. It's a gun-fight, prepared-for or not. Not ALL the inventory listed here is purely self-defensive. Why are you hiding? Plus, here's an essential part of the undeclared "uniform" I'll bet no-one has thought of: ever since Viet Nam my belt has been a specially prepared military-style, cam-roller adjustment, standard MONEY-BELT. Three uses; it can be used as a tourniquet since it lacks the impediment of the standard buckle; it holds a short-stack of $20s; and packed inside with the cash is a heavy-duty, flexible wire-saw, useful for slicing small tree-limbs, and also an excellent, quiet weapon for garroting the wind-pipe and carotids of BGs who let their guard down. "Better to have it and not need it...." etc.

g30, s&w assisted folder, phone, wallet.

g30UnclemikesSW.jpg

I apologize if I missed it in this thread, but what does EDC stand for? I looked in the FAQ's abbreviations, but couldn't find it.

Spats McGee said:
I apologize if I missed it in this thread, but what does EDC stand for? I looked in the FAQ's abbreviations, but couldn't find it.

Every Day Carry.

Here's most of mine-
EDC001.jpg

That pic was taken for a different purpose, so it isn't complete for the intent of this thread. My belt with this setup isn't shown, but it's an Ares Ranger, and the S&W 637 BUG isn't shown either.

Occasionally I will switch the Raven holster shown for a Mitch Rosen ARG worn on a belt from the beltman.

Back