What is your EDC pistol?

Glock 19 4th Gen. 9mm the most used calibre on earth. Sits in a snug-fitting Kydex holster, someone gave me a few years ago. Real snug to the body at 3-30. OWB. G17 spare mag. Long-sleeved chequered shirt. Hides all the gear. And a padded jacket these days.

The carrying of a concealed Pistol, in this day and age, is an everyday privilege in Florida. That is in the other Countries I have resided in, is not available at all.

The UK/Germany/Australia/Canada/ and finally Gods Country, this United States of America. We, the Gun Culture, waffle back and forth, as to calibre, and capacity, and do we carry spare ammunition, and how.

I was first a 45 ACP person, a Colt LW 9 round capacity, with a MacCormick 8 round capacity stainless steel magazine. Not a bad choice I thought.

Falling under the 9mm spell, first a Browning High Power, then Gaston Glock's plastic marvel, the Model G17, followed by my all-time favourite, and final, my Glock 19 4th generation. Modified a little. Night sights extended slide lock or rather release! Flush-fit butt plug (helps in magazine changes) replaced the lined trigger it came with, for a smooth one, a minor internal polishing job.
Giving me a 4.5lb release. Tried the new slim model, the 43X? Soon changed back to the 19! A creature of habit? So many Special Forces and Police seem to have gone that way? Not that really influenced me, I just like it, and shoot it the best.

As I have been retired for quite a while, at 85 YOA! At 6-30am, I am going to snuggle in for a couple more hours. Can't be bad! And we have both had both of our shots "Vacxinnes" also!

After many years of rotating between a S&W M&P Shield, a Kahr CM9, a Ruger LCP, and occasionally a Glock 19, I’ve recently acquired a SIG Sauer P365, vetted it, and added it to the mix.

Despite my misgivings about modern-day SIG Sauer, I’ve been quite impressed with this pistol. It’s both smaller and more shootable than the Shield, much easier to shoot well than the same-size CM9, and obviously has significantly greater capacity than either.

Lately, it's been a Gen 3 Glock 19 with an RMR 06 3.25MOA and an Inforce APL-C.

Sometimes my HK P30L 9mm. Can't find holsters in the configuration I want to carry for the P229 Elite Dark in 9mm. It has that "Legacy Slide" that no one makes holsters for anymore. Yay me.

@Bears, the perfect edc is a gun you can shoot accurately and conceal comfortably. (Open carry states: what you’re comfortable carrying all day).

Most days it’s a Kahr CW9. I have a CZ P07 that I love and throw in the mix. I recently purchased a S&W hand ejector in .38 Spc I want to throw in the mix too, just because... America.

Colt LW Commander .45 ACP in a Milt Sparks SS in warm weather or Don Hume pancake if winter.....Or an East German Makarov 9X18 in a Falco iwb or Hume JIT belt slide.

In the woods it's a choice of revolvers, usually in full flap rigs but often in Simply Rugged sour dough open tops.

My EDC is a Ruger LCP in a Desantis superfly or a G19 in a Crossbreed horsehide supertuck. I just got a G43 last month, but haven't transitioned away from the G19 just yet.

Back