What is your EDC pistol?

Beretta Pico

0nkRhln.jpg
72hA91a.jpg

Last edited:
One that’s you can actually carry and conceal, otherwise it defeats the purpose of purchasing a concealed carry firearm.

Last year I purchased a 5th Gen G19 and quickly realized that it was NOT a comfortable or easy firearm to EDC. I loved the way it shot but hated it as an EDC. I now rotate between a Ruger LC9s and a Sig P365.

My EDC is a Ruger LCP in a Desantis superfly or a G19 in a Crossbreed horsehide supertuck. I just got a G43 last month, but haven't transitioned away from the G19 just yet.
I purchased the Glock 43X when they first came on the scene! A sort of nickel finish.
Very slim, 11 rounds of 9mm. Then Shield brought out a 15 round magazine! Perfect.
I returned to my Glock 19 4th Gen. And an extra G17 magazine. It fits my hand perfectly.
I shoot it the best. It has never malfunctioned, ever. I have a G43 also.

In the Hot Humid Summer of Hell which comes my way, I will be wearing a light Tee Shirt and light weight shorts. And I want something that will not pull my pants off in public. Something fast, light and quick. So out comes the Keltec. P32, weighing only 6 1/2oz unloaded and only 10oz loaded. with 8 rounds of Plus P Underwood.

Zf6QDKI.jpg

I purchased the Glock 43X when they first came on the scene! A sort of nickel finish.
Very slim, 11 rounds of 9mm. Then Shield brought out a 15 round magazine! Perfect.
I returned to my Glock 19 4th Gen. And an extra G17 magazine. It fits my hand perfectly.
I shoot it the best. It has never malfunctioned, ever. I have a G43 also.
Yeah, I've trained with the 19 for so long that I kind of feel that I might go thru all the motions like you did and just stay with it in the long run.

How many of us would rather NOT say? One never knows who is watching and taking albeit unconstitutional notes.

If that's part of your security planning, can't fault you for it. For my part, I'm going to choose not to be dissuaded from discussing a perfectly legal and constitutional activity because of concerns from people who don't want me to do so and might hold on to that info.

If anything, I think polite, logical and reasonable conversation being out in the open is exactly what we need right now to avoid this kind of thing becoming taboo. It would be a shame if all the gun owners went radar silence and the fence-sitters only ever heard about guns and carrying in the context of criminals.

On the days when I carry: Walther P99 'AS' or CZ PCR.

On the other days: just Krav Maga.

After over a year and a half of classes, I'm certainly not a high rank, but I'm Many times better prepared -- you will probably need Both hands and both legs when an attacker begins to Hit you, with no warning -- than before studying Krav.
I'm not joking one bit.

img172-9962-profile01xy5.jpg

about-smith-wesson-6904-1519982047.jpg

Top: Walther P99 AS. It's a DA/SA, :confused:striker-fired gun. You can see the :) decocker "button"/switch at the rear of the upper slide surface.
Bottom: 3rd. Gen. S&W 6904. Alloy slide.
Not depicted: CZ PCR carry gun.
I'm a Lefty: therefore controls --seldom-- seem logical. But odd ergos are normal, to be expected- are they not?

Last edited:
Well, the Shield 45 still isn't feeding right, so now I've switched to a Shield Plus.

Yep. Still like my Shields.
Call S&W. They have updated the mag followers. You may have the older ones in your Shield .45- which for some people caused feed issues.

Call S&W. They have updated the mag followers. You may have the older ones in your Shield .45- which for some people caused feed issues.
Thanks. I thought the same thing, but I compared my followers to pics on the internet. I also posted pics of mine on the S&W forum, and a couple of people there confirmed that I have the redesigned followers. The folks on the S&W forum suggested that I might be limp-wristing it. That's not a problem that I've traditionally had, but that doesn't rule it out.

Back