What is your EDC pistol?

My summertime EDC is a DAO Smith & Wesson Model 3953. I carry a Walther PPS 40 on those rare occasions I wear a suit or sports jacket.

After carrying for well over half a century I've been won over by the 380EZ.
I love the fact that it is a man sized pistol with full size grip, controls, reach, etc.
Yet it is thin, compact, shapely enough to blend and be comfortable.

The little toy pistols are just too small for me to shoot well.
And the "compacts" based on full sized guns are so big/bulky that I would just assume carry the full size.
I consider the 380EZ to be a "man sized compact".

Here is one of mine with its spare magazine :cool:

EDC2.jpg

With all of the events going on, I am moving from my S&W 640 357 Magnum 5 Shot to my Sig Sauer P365 and Glock 19, Gen 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How do you like the 365 xl?

I love it

a 365 slide on an xl grip is also a nice combination
i have both the 365 and the 365xl so ive played with swapping the grips around

i carry mine in a sidecar style holster really confortable that u forget its there most of the time

need to get the same holster for my hellcat as well

Last edited:
Now, Glock 30S when going out and about. Used to be Gen 4 Glock 19. Sometimes LCP 2 and used to be gen 1 Shield 9mm when riding MC. LCP 2 is usually in my pocket at home.

LCP - is my 99% EDC.

S&W M69 snub nose, S&W .45acp Shield & Sig 938 are the others that frequently find themselves along for a trip outside.

Primarily it’s my Springfield XDE 45 that’s pocket carried but in the winter I may occasionally OWB carry the XDE or my beretta storm 40 or 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all of the events going on, I am moving from my S&W 640 357 Magnum 5 Shot to my Sig Sauer P365 and Glock 19, Gen 5

No offense but... with "all the events going on" you're going to need a lot more than a higher capacity firearm.
But then again, a cultural revolution and tens of millions of like minded people are a bit hard to EDC.

Well, one of my most reliable CCW guns is my Bersa Thunder Plus 380, 16 rounds, accurate, and loaded with Underwood Xtreme Defender / Xtreme Penetrator ammo is right in there with most 9mms ... in a nice hi-ride belt holster, backed up by my Llama Micromax 380 in a vest pocket. If the world ever really turns to crap with open violence all over the place, it will be my 1911 45ACP in a hi-ride with four spare magazines and the Bersa in my vest pocket.

I also sometimes carry a 357 snubby in a hi-ride belt holster and a couple of Desantis speed loaders, with one of my 380s in a vest pocket for backup .

IF it doesn't have a hammer that can be lowered into a safety notch, or a decocking lever as well as a hammer that can be thumb-cocked, I will not even consider it for concealed carry. So bye-bye Glock and clones and all striker-fired guns.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
When I’m in tight shirt and shorts, in hot weather, it’s generally LCP custom. Rest of time P365. Higher capacity options are always close by as back ups, when driving or at home tho.

Glock 19 minimum; often I carry bigger, Glock 35/41.

To elaborate, I get to dress as I choose, retired.
My philosophy:
Of the concealable pistols one owns, carry what would be preferred in hand if you hand to defend yourself, regardless of location.

Nothing less than a Glock 19 meets my criteria of "preferred" and I carry accordingly.

Jagrbomb: said:
Hk P2000 DA/SA 9mm. I have owned a LOT of guns. I mean a LOT of guns over 25+ years. Way more than most...

Whenever I post about a new gun I bought, people often make bets about how long it will be before I sell it (to use the money) and buy something else

But, for 5.5 years now, I have carried this gun... That in itself is a miracle

With the Hogue Jr grip (I don't like the fullsize Hogue Handall) - the grip is perfect....

My own HK P2000 v3 is probably the best pistol straight out of the box that I own, and the only change I would want to make is a Hogue Handall grip (I have these on 3 of my Glocks) and I am going to try this on mine!

Back