What is the worst gun you actually purchased?

Skans

I want to know about bad, or undesirable guns, people have actually made a conscious decision to purchase at one point in their lives, but found that gun to be a real "dog". This does not include guns that you inherited, were gifted to you, or that you found on a street corner. Nor does it include guns that were never actually purchased - i.e. involved a genuine parting with money or other valuables.

Why was the gun a dog, and what did you do with it?

Taurus 740 Slim.

It runs like a champ, no malfunctions with any ammo. I just can't shoot it worth a darn, the trigger is awful, the sights are the cheapest/worst ever, and it kicks like a mule.

It's fun trying to get the hang of it though....but it's not happening.

Bersa Thunder .380

I heard so many great things about it on this and other forums to the point I just had to have one.

Sent it back for warranty repair within the first 30 days of ownership.

It works fine now, but I have never had a problem with any of my Sigs or Berettas. All of my rifles and shotguns, both new and used when purchased, have never given me a problem.

Count me lucky even with the Bersa as it is a solid gun now. I shoot mostly reloads in all my weapons except for the rimfires (.22, .22 magnum and .17 HMR).

Smith & Wesson 915. Gun had accuracy from the bench like a birdshot pattern from one of my cylinder bore shotguns. The gun was also terribly prone to jamming after 100 rounds. After 150 it pretty much wouldn't work. Clean it to a shine and it would be good for another 100 rounds.

Junk in the purest sense of the word. I sold it for what I had in it. This was in the depths of the AWB and 9mms that came with four 15 round mags were a seeming prize. My heart goes out to the guy that wound up with that POS.

Great gun was my worst

A Ruger Security Six with 6" barrel. Functioned flawlessly but, for some reason that may include grips and grip angle, simply did not feel right. This contributed to poor accuracy. My Ruger GP 100 with the same length barrel was a pleasure to hold and shoot.

I'd also include my Walther P22.
Has great ergonomics and "cool factor" but won't hit the broad side of a barn. :rolleyes:

Custom Benelli M2 by a very highly regarded smith as recommended in brian enos forum. Damaged finish, broken ring, and crooked controls, I sold the 2500 gun for a huge loss

Argentinian made HiPower clone that I bought in 1994. Smooth sides, instead of the sharp taper the actual HiPower has, but otherwise very similar. However, it was a jam-o-matic, even with FMJ. Got it for a low price, but I got what I paid for, too...

Taurus PT-22 - never ran. Jammed in very frightening ways!

So did the one I bought, could never get through 1 magazine without jamming. Also bought a PT111 that the ejector broke on.

I bought a Cobra CB38 Derringer on impulse and that thing was terrible. As a hold out gun you would die of old age while you were getting it ready to fire. I have learned my lesson and will never buy another "Cheap" gun.

My BUG is a Taurus model 85 that has had zero problems but it worries me because it is a Taurus. I want to trade up asap.

Colt trooper MK II. Never able to sight it in. Allways shot low and Right.

Mini 14. Jammed every 2nd round. Sold it at a loose. Ruger replaced it.

Remington XP-100 just didnot like it.

Ruger MKIII.

I have NEVER been so obsessed with destroying a gun. Went to the factory twice and when it started jamming again, I took a Dremel tool and destroyed the gun.

NEVER be another one in this house. I kept the barrel as a reminder. . .

Geetarman:mad:

Ruger MKIII.

I have NEVER been so obsessed with destroying a gun. Went to the factory twice and when it started jamming again, I took a Dremel tool and destroyed the gun.

NEVER be another one in this house. I kept the barrel as a reminder. . .

Geetarman

Hilarious. :D
The Ruger MKIII was my first handgun.
Mine ran fine but I felt your frustration the first time I ever tried to break it down and clean it.
What a PITA!

I am embarrassed to admit this, but maybe it will help someone out down the road. About 15 years ago I bought a Lorcin L9M. Biggest POS I ever bought. When it didn’t jam, you couldn’t hit a barn with it unless you threw it. I think I paid $120 or so for it. I gave it to my father with strict rules never to rely on it for self defense. When he passed away, I got it back. Sat in my gun room for 3 or 4 years. I took it to a gun show last fall and sold it for $50. I sold it to a dealer so no one could come back on me for a refund. I do not miss it.

Any more, as a general rule, if a center fire pistol costs less then $500 new, I pretty much stay away from them. You do get what you pay for.

Allied Armament PPSh41: slamfires, mechanical hangfires, unreliable, missing at least two critical parts when it left the factory, and they couldn't fix it.

Followed closely by my Kahr Thompson, which malfunctioned in many of the same ways as the PPSh, but was not quite as dangerously defective. That one couldn't be fixed either.

I got a tube feed marlin 22lr years ago that was a total pos. Sent to factory twice but it still wouldnt cycle rounds. Traded it for a mossberg 500.

Then there was the winchester m70 black shadow I had in 270wsm. Darn thing shot 4 moa with a very nice zeiss scope. Traded that for a savage 11 in same caliber.

Back