What is the LEAST likely place in the US

News Shooter

To have a big natural disaster? In other words, aside from man-made situations, what would be the safest place to live. I'm thinking maybe the Mohave Desert. :)

Noooo! Us Only!

Let the Candians take care of themselves. I'm thinking of some place unlikely to have a problem with blizzards, long-term floods, hurricanes, tornados and earthquakes.

Wyoming. Only the occasional tourist stampede.

I agree Sir. I live in Casper, Wyoming. Occasionaly there is a tornado within a few hundred miles of us. Sometimes we get a few inches of snow and once in awhile it rains a bit. We don't have enough people for it to be worth terrorists attacking. Although that would be entertaining..."Tonight in National News, terrorists attacked Wyoming. Eight terrorists were left dead and two locals were treated for minor injuries and released." The only thing we really have to worry about is the Yellowstone Caldara going off, but if that happens it'll likely kill everyone on earth anyway.

On top of that we have some of the best hunting and fishing in the world. And if you look in the ATF's big book of state by state regulations, ours takes less than one page.

Why do you people live somewhere else again? :D

TN is pretty mild weather wise, every ten yrs or so we do get a big snow or 2 but no hurricanes and few tornados. Stay a way from Oak Ridge though...nuclear material, government installations...terrorist target! :eek: Stay in the rural areas and you're golden though, nice people, woods, animals to hunt, places to retreat to if you had no other choice ;) . Nearly everyone owns a gun so the terrorists wouldn't like us much... :D :D :D

Washington's pretty safe. Just don't build your house on a volcanic slope.

On the wet side of the mountains, we don't even have any poisonous snakes.

pax

Eight terrorists were left dead and two locals were treated for minor injuries and released."

I know EXACTLY what you are saying. :rolleyes:

Believe me, Sir. If something happens in my area...
But let's keep it a secret, we don't want too many heading thataway. :)

Nebraska. There's a reason why they built the old SAC base in the middle of the country. Takes longer for ICBM's to reach it than say...DC or NY.

Oh that's right, we don't have to worry about death from the sky anymore. :p

I would guess West Virginia, Kentucky, Arizona, would be pretty safe states as far as not any natural disasters.

Don't assume the desert states don't flood. That ground doesn't soak up a lot of water. And they may only get 7" of rain a year, but it tends to all come on one day. Flash flooding is a serious problem in those states.

Drought is also a big problem in the deserts, along with heat waves (this is

more of a problem the older you get). I think every place has there own

type of natural disaster, you just have to choose what your willing to live

near. Here in Tn. we have a few twisters every year, but that's about it.

Personally, I like southwest Florida. yea, I know we've got flooding, hurricanes, tropical storms, lots-o-lightning, water spouts/tornados, 'gators, giant roaches, poisonous snakes, choking humidity, searing heat, and more insects and reptiles than one person could count in a lifetime...but at least it's never boring!

Lets see, nope, dont move to the Coastal South; Hurricanes
no to the Mid Atlantic, same thing
no to the North East, they have those 'perfect storms' in the winter
no to California, New Mexico, AZ, they have earthquakes, huge fires and stuff
no to the Mid West, thats tornado alley
no to the North West, they have earthquakes, fires, and volcanos
no to the northern mid west. the chance of a Mega volcano is too great, and it snows like hell there.
don't forget, the chance is about even for that huge comet or astroid that is gonna wipe out the earth
no to any where along a river, floods and whatnot
no to the great lakes, they have huge storms, and floods

gee, I guess there is no place to be safe around here..........

NO, WAIT, we can move to DisneyWorld. Everything is perfect there, and if it is not, you can SUE. Hmmmmmmmmm now does'nt that sound like the world view of most Americans these days?

Back