What is the largest handgun you've seen anybody carry concealed?

I carried a 4” M29 OWB and two speedloaders for a month, just to see what it was like.
Most of the time I wore my usual untucked sport or Hawaiian shirt.
It wasn’t all that bad.
Other than the fact that it was like strapping half a steel grapefruit on my side – plus the speedloaders in their leather snap pouch were almost as bad – it was quite comfortable. I’ll admit that I had to swing my arm out pretty far to clear the bulk, but no one, including my wife, noticed a thing.
It’s worth noting that I’m 5’9” and 142 lbs, so not a real big guy.

These days, I carry my 3.3” XDs .45, either in a Remora holster or the factory paddle one.

A friend of mine carried a full size 1911 for a few months. He said that it was easy to keep concealed, but he got tired of the weight.

Largest guns I've ever carried for months or even a year or two at a time, have been a SIG P226, HK USP 45, Glock 17 or 21, and the 1911.

I had a friend who carried a Desert Eagle for about a week. :rolleyes:

For my own part...

4" N-frame S&W

GM 1911

A couple times in the service, I had to tote all the staff-Os M9 Berettas. I had some where north of 10 M9s under/about my BDUs, with none the wiser. So, for sheer volume & mass I could say, "10 Beretta 92FS pistols."

I regularly carry the Colt 1911 or the S&W 627PC, though not some much in the summer time.

c2fd3b35-62c4-4ebb-a373-b805ee0f216d_zpsqcxp7rru.jpg

Back