What is the largest handgun you've seen anybody carry concealed?

I've carried my 6.5" barreled S&W 500 in a shoulder holster under my jacket a couple of times when we've stopped to eat on the way to or from the range. Don't make a regular habit of it.

Huge revolver . . .

An off duty LEO was sitting in front of me at an out door theatre event. He was wearing a light jacket, seemed strange. He got too hot and took the jacket off. Looked like a long barrel 44 mag revolver hanging under his left arm. A huge gun. He had a badge on the shoulder holster. Looked like a full sized 45 1911 tucked into the back of his waist band. Made me wonder which gun was the "backup."

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

My former boss carried a S&W 629 with a 6" barrel. Just incase he saw a deer on his way home from work. Later on he did start carrying a detective special.

I carry either a Glock 17, or a 3" Smith & Wesson K-frame. Both in OWB, pancake style holsters.

No problems with concealment with either.

IMO, concealment issues are largely overblown. Most people today are so wrapped up in their own stuff that they wouldn't notice an RPG concealed on someone's person. So, I have ceased to care if my carry guns cause a slight bulge, here and there.

I used to be concerned, like a great many people, so I carried sub-compact sized pistols. Can't shoot those things anymore...and they hurt my arthritic hands. Not anymore.

I've carried a Beretta 92, a Ruger GP100 3", and a S&W Model 19 4" just to see how they carried.

All were carried OWB during the winter with a light coat as a cover garment.

With correct belt, holsters, and cover garment, they carried well and didn't print. I'm 5'8" and it was no big deal.

Current EDC is a Glock 17.

I have routinely carried a 5" 1911 and Glock 21 in the past, likely will again when the weather cools some more.

With my year round style of dress, everything larger than a Glock 26 is just about equal in ease of concealment, its all a question of how much weight I want on my belt on any given day.

Up in AK I occasionally lugged my 4" Ruger Redhawk .44 mag under a light jacket or unbuttoned oxford shirt, as far as I was aware no-one noticed.

Then again, folks up there didn't say anything about a shotgun, rifle, AR slung across your back either, we always just assumed folks were gonna go hunt or shoot or whatever.

largest "handgun"? ever seen concealed?

full size Uzi SMG (without the wood stock or with metal stock folded, I forget which)

The day Reagan was shot....

largest I've ever carried concealed?

.44 Auto Mag, 8" barrel
:D

One very good former friend of mine, who has since passed on, wore a MAC-11 under his coat in an SMZ rig, ten round mag in, twin 30 round mags off side, along with a Colt Gold Cup strong side, and two other BUGs. Seriously. Alcohol killed him, not a bullet from the other side.
Knew a guy in California, (yes, California of almost 30 years ago, mind you!), who carried a Desert Eagle .357 in a vertical shoulder holster, and he was not a big man at all. No worries I could see.
I carried tiny, once even going so far down as to carry a Taurus PT-22, "Squeaker"...but those days are long gone.
Since I got older, I realized nobody gives a hoot what I look like off duty, (no need to impress anyone, married), so I am slob city, baggy over shirt and all.
So nowadays a CZ P-09 in an OWB High Noon Slide Guard is my usual companion, or a CZ SP-01 Phantom in a High Noon Down Under IWB rig. No issues. :)

I've seen a couple of N frames. I think both were 28's.
A full sized 1911.
A friend of mine said he saw a guy with a Star Megastar about 20 years ago!

who carried a Desert Eagle .357 in a vertical shoulder holster

I've carried a Desert Eagle in a Bianchi shoulder holster (the one made for the long barrel N frame S&W, and if you draw the DE just the right way, the holster snaps the safety OFF!!! :eek: :cool:

Back