What is the largest handgun you've seen anybody carry concealed?

If I saw it, then it wasn't very concealed. :p

That said, I used to semi-frequently conceal carry my CZ SP-01, and thats a full size gun. All my friends carry "Compact" size or smaller, and now so do I!

I regularly carry a Glock 21 OWB under an untucked cover shirt. I'm 5'8", 185#. The gun prints and I don't care.

Largest I've seen....

a. A 4" N frame S&W revolver...( model 28)

b. Sig 226 ...

c. A single action Colt 4 3/4" barrel I believe...
------------
I carry a full sized 1911 myself in a 5" normally ....

... and I have carried an N frame 2 5/8" barrel - 8 shot model 627 in .357 Mag a little bit - but not everyday / and I have full sized 226's in 9mm and .40 S&W but I think they're too big to carry.

.41 Magnum with 18 rounds in a shoulder holster.

I know a guy who claims to carry a .44Magnum the same way, but I have never seen it.

It's not uncommon to run into 1911s and full size Glocks. The biggest I've carried is a 1911 and Ruger Security Six with a 4'' barrel.

Nowadays the Glock 23/19 is just about perfect for what I want.

Leather Shoulder rig.
Thompson Contender in 30-30.
Carried it into the gun shop where we worked together under a jacket. He wore it the entire day.

Glock 20, 1911s, Hi-Powers, Ruger P95, and more full size semi-autos.

For revolvers, the big'uns are generally found in shoulder holsters, under coats, during the winter...
4"(+) Ruger GP-100s.
7.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk.
7.5" Ruger Super Redhawk.
7.5" SCOPED Ruger Super Redhawk. (Though, the guy looked like he had a baby under his coat.)
6.5" S&W Model 29s/629s.
And I used to work with a fellow that only owned one handgun. He carried it whether he was hunting, or not, in a concealed shoulder holster: His .480 Ruger 9.5" Super Redhawk. ...Even at the peak of summer in Arizona, with just a T-shirt to cover it. I'm sure drawing the revolver from under a T-shirt was quick and easy. :rolleyes:

I love carrying my (Fullsize) Glock G17 gen 4. In Texas we don't worry about printing. I am 5'6" @255# no one even notices.

kennydale-albums-glock-picture135009-g17-05-13-2016a.jpg

kennydale-albums-glock-picture135001-g17-05-13-2016b.jpg

kennydale-albums-glock-picture122641-bigfoot-g17-b.jpg

full sizes Glock 22's on off duty cops, competition G34 and G35's.

The Mark 23 and DEagle have been posited to be an okay deterrent if they get seen by someone trying to start a fight with you.

But yeah, the Mark 23 is the work combination of weight and size to try, but it was seen in fiction plenty thanks to MEtal Gear and Burn Notice making people get creative if they were buffer than most.

Also IWB with a S&W .500 Mag is up there but not passably unwise.

Same with a Glock 18 with 33-rounder mag in the well from a guy I watch when I don't feel like being cheered up to annoyed by the likes of Hickok45 or Colion Noir.

They have done good for the gun community, but they are too political nowadays, when I just want to cheer up and look at some guns looking pretty on silk or cotton sheets.

Point being it's fun to imagine carrying an "offensive pistol" but if you look mean it won't look well.

That said a guy at a gun shop had a MK23 IWB once when quizzing me. I guessed USP.45. Close enough I guess? :p

I carried a Colt Gold Cup in a boot holster sewn into my Noconas for quite a few years.
Learned to walk normally, but when I switched carry back-up guns (bell bottoms went of fashion),
I had to re-learn walking so as to not throw the right leg ahead with the effort previously required.

JT

Back