What Gun Is On Your Radar?

I ended up selling a few, trading one, and still have store credit.

I am trying to decide if I go after a Henry Side Gate in .357 Mag or .41 Mag or hope a RM Marlin in .357 Mag is introduced soon.

Interested in picking the new SA-35 when it's available. Already have two additional magazines. Should make a nice compliment to my Browning Mk III in .40S&W.

--
Mike

If my eyesight was 20 years better ... I would be all over that Springfield Hi-Power SA-35 like white on rice !!!
I've always wanted a Hi-Power with all the "Bugs" removed ... a decent trigger , no magazine disconnect , better controls , better sights , real walnut grips ...
the only way to do all that was buy a HP and send it off to a custom shop for the modifications ... at the end of the day you were going to spend $2,000.00 or more easy!
The MSRP of this one is $699 .00 ...Ain't that a kick in the head !!!
I might just start a savings fund , do some couch mining , sell some cast bullets and Amazon Gift Cards and raise the money anyway ... I might have trouble seeing the sights but I could move the target closer ... it would bring me pleasure just to fondle it now and then ... why didn't this one happen sooner ...
Gary

A PCC (in 9mm of course).

But now I'm starting to wonder why exactly. Cheaper ammo, is that all? Yes and no. Target practice? Yeah, now that makes sense.

But I like a firearm that also maximizes my benefit in a real world self-defense situation should one arise.

Then it occurred to me, why not something in the line of a magnum 9mm? The only one I could find that would work out well out of a short carbine or AR pistol type platform firearm would be a 300 blackout or 350 legend capable firearm.

Since 350 ammo prices are a lot closer to 9mm prices, and, well, 350L is like what I would imagine a 9mm magnum to be, hell yes!

9mm+p can be impressive out of longer barrels but nothing like a 350L.

I've decided. An AR pistol in 350L is now on my radar. The heck with a PCC in 9mm!
Except for the huge difference in muzzle blast. I’ve been next to a lot of these short barreled rifles at the indoor range, and every time they light off I have to leave my booth because they hurt my ears so bad. And I use both foam plugs and good quality ear muffs. But standing next to someone shooting a PCC is almost as quiet as a .22RF.

If I was a collector, which I'm not, I would continue down the 1911 path, the next of which I'd get either an SA Loaded or Ronin in .45, 5", working my way up to a Dan Wesson. Other than that breed of pistol, I'll wait for the SA35 to come down to a normal asking price, although for the money, the Tisas Regent BR9 is hard to beat. Hmmm.

A Henry is definitely in the future, however, preferably in .38/.357.

Handgun interest- Walther PDP + red dot

Non-handgun interests- Ruger-made Marlin 336 in 30-30 (whenever it comes out), Henry Steel 30-30 side gate, Springfield Armory Hellion (although I don't really know why)

I'm always on the look out for beat up circa 1990's T/C side locks. They are a lot of fun to recondition and get operational. Send them back into the world to be enjoyed by more thoughtful owners and still better than the average muzzle loaders offered today. No inlines please.

When they become available for somewhere near retail price again, a S/S Ruger SuperBlackhawk in .44 Mag.

Scratching that itch (sort of) is a Pietta .45 Colt I should be picking up tomorrow.

Larry

Not going to second mortgage my home for one but I'd like to have a pre-lock S&W mdl. 25 in either 45 ACP or 45 Colt with preference leaning towards the 45 ACP.

Couple of years ago I was considering getting a Ruger Security 9 for a new CCW gun.

Then I found the Walter CCP and got that instead because it fits my hand better than just about any other gun I've ever handled.

Now I'm considering the Security 9 again.

Not for any great reason... Just because I like them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WmaCnyrXbZpPQ_v8KB5FSuQhTjVguhm6/view?usp=sharingNobody made it so I did it myself..
view

A new 4” 686, probably 6 shot.
And I almost forgot, a new Springfield HP.
I really like what they have done with it

Last edited:
Back