What Gun Is On Your Radar?

Derya Arms Melik, a very inexpensive Beretta 92 clone OR one of those Turkish Beretta 84 clones. The "real thing" in both instances are a little rich for my blood.

Built the .280AI, got the .35Rem and .41 Mag lever actions, scratched the 20g itch and just got a CZ P09C Nocturne.

I think I need to unplug my radar. :)

Time for a change

I'm jumping in to the world of PCP, no not the drug. Pre Charged Pneumatic, air guns on steroids.
The very pricey air compressor required has kept me away, the air compressors have come way down in cost prompting my entry.
The fact I can shoot in my backyard is also appealing, my home is barely inside city limits. It is pretty rural here and suppressing an air gun? I don't need to ask the government for permission.
Did I mention that full auto is on the menu? For under a grand a can have my full auto .22 that I can actually afford to shoot often.
Is everyone on TFL only in to powder burners? I find the PCP guns very interesting. Apparently a lot of other folks do too.

I'm jumping in to the world of PCP, no not the drug. Pre Charged Pneumatic, air guns on steroids.

The very pricey air compressor required has kept me away, the air compressors have come way down in cost prompting my entry.

The fact I can shoot in my backyard is also appealing, my home is barely inside city limits. It is pretty rural here and suppressing an air gun? I don't need to ask the government for permission.

Did I mention that full auto is on the menu? For under a grand a can have my full auto .22 that I can actually afford to shoot often.

Is everyone on TFL only in to powder burners? I find the PCP guns very interesting. Apparently a lot of other folks do too.
I also shoot PCP rifle. I have a airacuda in .25 cal that I train myself wind reading with. I purposely skip the compressor and opt for hand pump for its work out element. 4-5 pumps on average for each shot.

I shoot clay ducks out 100m (110yd) with pellets. It is not trivial with any breeze of wind.

This forum is not big on airgun at all. I used to be on a Canadian forum and learned a lot there. One day I found my account, together with my IP, banned from their site with no apparent reason and warning. It is weird and I still couldn't figure out why. I reckon it could be something I said in a thread on airgun lethality. I said airgun was not a firearm as per US laws (they knew I was a yank), although it was as lethal as one. That could have stepped on some toes.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Coming soon; S&W 617-1 with factory combats. I have other .22LR revolvers but have wanted a 617 for many years. Finally found the right deal.

I load a bunch of calibers shotgun too, I really like the idea of pushing projectiles with high pressure air. Esp. with powder at 30 bucks a Lb. and a dime a primer. I've done a ton of pneumatic circuit design, did some high pressure burst testing too, nothing approaching 30 bar. I'm lazy and will use electricity to squish my air. I already have ultra dry, ultra clean compressed air setup, I'm looking to feed the China HPA air squisher with the big dental compressor I already have set up. Since retiring I use it to pump up tires and run air tools. I Figure to start with the end in mind, clean dry air. Seems to me humping on an air pump is not conducive to marksmanship. I have seen figures as high as 185 lbs. of force for that last stroke. I don't weigh 185 lbs.:)

I load a bunch of calibers shotgun too, I really like the idea of pushing projectiles with high pressure air. Esp. with powder at 30 bucks a Lb. and a dime a primer. I've done a ton of pneumatic circuit design, did some high pressure burst testing too, nothing approaching 30 bar. I'm lazy and will use electricity to squish my air. I already have ultra dry, ultra clean compressed air setup, I'm looking to feed the China HPA air squisher with the big dental compressor I already have set up. Since retiring I use it to pump up tires and run air tools. I Figure to start with the end in mind, clean dry air. Seems to me humping on an air pump is not conducive to marksmanship. I have seen figures as high as 185 lbs. of force for that last stroke. I don't weigh 185 lbs.:)
It is 4-stage foot pump. You don't need to directly overcome the force. The pump is still heavy, something like 30lbf ish, I think. I think it is a good emulator to situation in the field, hiking and stalking a game.

I have considered getting a tank and have it charged at a shop for a fee. The tank is not cheap, neither is the fee. I will stick to the foot pump till I can't work that anymore.

For ammunition, good pellets are not much cheaper than .22LR. I tried slugs. They are no good. I was told I would need to replace the barrel (called liner) to shoot slugs well.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Good tanks are pricey

I will not fool around with cheap and used tanks, I will try to find a good bargain on a tank to make my power source portable. I'm mostly thinking PCP for a backyard range, but I will find a good carbon fiber tank for out and about.
The SCBA bottles firefighters use can be good. Scuba tanks can be used as long as they are in hydro. There is a lot to the PCP hobby, hopefully that keeps the regulators and nervous nellies (often one in the same) at bay. So far the hobby continues to fly under the radar but it is getting far more popular. Heck youtube has a guy taking out a Cape Buffalo with a PCP airgun, every bit as lethal as firearms and deserving of equal respect. High pressure air has it's own respectful energy to mind as well. Explosions are only fun when they are VERY well managed and/or contained with the energy appropriately directed.

Back