What gun do you keep in your truck?

I avoid leaving guns unattended in vehicles but it simply can't be avoided at times. If I do, it is usually a G19.

no truck here, just a car. And nothing. I live in the city, so leaving guns in the vehicle, even out of sight is a no-go for me. Only have what I am carrying, usually a P365, 10+1 in the gun, and a spare 15.

If you leave a gun hidden in a locked vehicle, you are not "contributing" to gun theft and illegal use. Only the thief is doing that.
Noop.

Memphis, Tenn. P.D., the Mayor, and certain city council folks there say the gun owner who leaves his gun in the car, which is then broken into and taken by the thief, shares the guilt for the crime 50/50 with the thief. :rolleyes:

Noop.

Memphis, Tenn. P.D., the Mayor, and certain city council folks there say the gun owner who leaves his gun in the car, which is then broken into and taken by the thief, shares the guilt for the crime 50/50 with the thief. :rolleyes:

Soo uh, does the Memphis PD, the mayor and those certain city council folks feel the same way if someone’s ride is actually broken into to snatch up a purse, radar detector, flashlight or just whatever else of other value might be in there, whether it’s left in plain sight or not?

I’ve never heard of anybody who leaves a gun in a car actually leaving it in plain sight but as long as they didn’t, they still considered as half the blame? That’s a little messed up because like I said, somebody would have to know it’s in there if that was the sole purpose of breaking in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It comes in with me every night after work, but during the day out on service calls, I keep a KelTec P32 with an extra magazine in the van.

Memphis is run by Democrats. The "police chief" was chosen because of her liberal views (and her race.) The city council is full of imbeciles. The mayor is a liberal from somewhere up north.

That's why everyone has moved out of Memphis. I live in Collierville-a suburb, and am looking for a home out of Shelby County.

No "truck gun" for me. I am fortunate that I do not have to go to work at a place that is a GFZ. However, I do understand those that do and want to have their gun to and from someplace or any stops in-between.

I hope that most just realize that a locked car is just not very secure. It's not about a gun's value, but putting a gun into a criminals hands. Always the thief is to blame, but I take responsibility to make it hard for them so they move on to a softer target. I hate thieves!

bf03df099995ee089120957f48060438.jpg

Memphis is run by Democrats. The "police chief" was chosen because of her liberal views (and her race.) The city council is full of imbeciles. The mayor is a liberal from somewhere up north.

That's why everyone has moved out of Memphis. I live in Collierville-a suburb, and am looking for a home out of Shelby County.

That, actually makes a lot of sense. Only a group of beetleheaded Liberal Democrats would come up with something like that.

I understand that I am not responsible for the criminal actions of a criminal. If somebody breaks into my car that is 100% on them.

Having said that, I know that car burglaries are common. I've heard too many cops on too many forums talking about how many times they've been to a car burglary and the thief found a gun in the glove box or in the center console or under the seat not to know that I should take precautions against it. I believe that it's incumbent on me to take reasonable precautions to mitigate a known risk.

If you know the likelihood of a gun being stolen from your vehicle is so high that you PLAN for it by buying a cheap gun to leave in your vehicle and you do it anyway then IMO you bear some of the responsibility.

There really isn't any place that I go to on a regular basis where I'm required to disarm before I go into the building. If I do go someplace where I have to disarm there's a steel lock box cabled to the frame in my car and that's where I lock my gun.

The other thing that I've noticed almost every time this discussion comes up is somehow people who leave their gun secured in their car because they're required to do so to enter an NPE are somehow conflated with people who have a "truck gun" that lives in the door panel of their vehicle and isn't secured by anything more than locking the car doors.

I'm sorry but in my opinion routinely leaving a firearm of any type unsecured in your car is a stupid thing to do.

That doesn't mean that I think you should be held criminally liable if a thief breaks into your car and steals it. It just means that I'll tell you you're an idiot when you come in b**** to me about it.

Generally I don't.

I used to carry to the office and would leave it in a car safe, but since I changed jobs last year the company I work for owns the parking lots and prohibits firearms on company property.

I understand that I am not responsible for the criminal actions of a criminal. If somebody breaks into my car that is 100% on them.

Having said that, I know that car burglaries are common. I've heard too many cops on too many forums talking about how many times they've been to a car burglary and the thief found a gun in the glove box or in the center console or under the seat not to know that I should take precautions against it. I believe that it's incumbent on me to take reasonable precautions to mitigate a known risk.

If you know the likelihood of a gun being stolen from your vehicle is so high that you PLAN for it by buying a cheap gun to leave in your vehicle and you do it anyway then IMO you bear some of the responsibility.

There really isn't any place that I go to on a regular basis where I'm required to disarm before I go into the building. If I do go someplace where I have to disarm there's a steel lock box cabled to the frame in my car and that's where I lock my gun.

The other thing that I've noticed almost every time this discussion comes up is somehow people who leave their gun secured in their car because they're required to do so to enter an NPE are somehow conflated with people who have a "truck gun" that lives in the door panel of their vehicle and isn't secured by anything more than locking the car doors.

I'm sorry but in my opinion routinely leaving a firearm of any type unsecured in your car is a stupid thing to do.

That doesn't mean that I think you should be held criminally liable if a thief breaks into your car and steals it. It just means that I'll tell you you're an idiot when you come in b**** to me about it.

Ok so, aside from the people who foolishly leave a “truck gun” in an unsecured glove box, naked under the seat, in center console (without a lock box) or in a door pocket because if you’re going to do that then at least get a good quality lock box. At least make it to where if they do break in, they’ll have to work at it and take some time lifting your gun but why does it sound like if it’s anything else it’s completely on the thief for breaking in but if it’s a gun, partial blame of the theft goes on the vehicle and gun owner? I just don’t get that part.

I don't leave a firearm in my vehicles, but I do keep loaded mags in them.

I knew a guy that would often leave a loaded Taurus 85 snub in his unlocked truck. I told him that was very irresponsible because anyone could just open the door and walk away with a loaded gun, and he gave me a funny look.

He's one of those anti hunting and fishing guys who says stuff like, "How would you like to get yanked out of your environment with a hook in your mouth?" But he will eat meat and fish.

You "might" bear some responsibility for your loss (of a cheap gun) but you bear absolutely no responsibility for the crime. None. If you think otherwise (to use the adjective you've thrown about to slander people you disagree with and know nothing about), I guess you'd think those people are stupid too. There are no stupid people that I know of who frequent this site. Period.

Last edited:
Lol.. lived in Atlanta since the mid 90's. Don't even lock our cars at home.

As Lincoln stated, 90% of statistics on the internet are made-up..

Lol.. lived in Atlanta since the mid 90's. Don't even lock our cars at home.

As Lincoln stated, 90% of statistics on the internet are made-up..

The statistic in this case comes from Atlanta PD and reports made to them.

Back