what do you carry concealed ?

Why did you pick that one over the 124gr +P version of the Speer GD?
Isn't that the one (124gr +P) used by NYPD?

Curious as to basis for your choice.

Did you compare those two Speer GD rounds at all?
Did you shoot both?
Did you shoot any others?

If you will note my post, above, I'm about to receive a new Kahr CW9 and choice of carry ammo has yet to be determined.

Thanks.

Why did you pick that one over the 124gr +P version of the Speer GD?
Isn't that the one used by NYPD?

Curious as to basis of your choice.

Did you compare those two Speer GD rounds at all?
Did you shoot both?
Did you shoot any others?

I didn't really want +P is all. Did not compare data, but did shoot both. Didn't shoot any others.

I see. Thanks for that info.

I think the official numbers for the barrel for the CW9 are 3.6" according to Kahr website. This may arguably be considered short barrel, at least it's short in comparison to the Beretta or the Taurus PT-92 (5 inches), and no doubt short in relation to testing bbl equipment.

But I know of no 9mm with a bbl of 2" or shorter.

A further check of the website indicates the short barrel of the 124gr +P was tested with a 3.5" barrel.

However, little doubt from the Dr.'s chart that your round is perfectly acceptable.

I'm leaning toward the Speer 124 +P GDHP because it seems to be used a lot by LE, and I reload, and have 124 gr bullets on hand to try to duplicate the load. Plus, I've heard good things about Speer GDSB, and carry it in my J-frame.

Last edited:
i carry a seecamp .32 when i cant carry my S&W compact M&P 9

CovertCarrierSeeCamp32ACP013.jpg

100_0142.jpg

To brentfoto...here is an awesome website which test some of the brands listed.

Pisto Cartridges (9x19mm Luger)

I just ordered some Federal HST 147g to test out. It blossoms into a pretty nasty flower, maintains its mass, and penetrated as well as some of the lighter bullets. I didn't want any extra recoil from the +P.

As to the OP's question
I will carry my Beretta PX4 9mm in a Desantis speed scabbard (open top on belt)...when I get my permit in a few weeks.

Fly

There are actually 3 in rotation. G-19, XDSC40, and a Bersa Thunder .380. The Bersa is my light duty weapon and is carried the least amount. I primarily carry the Glock and XD depending on the day. Always IWB in custom holsters I make myself. Plus either my SOG Flash II or my SOG trident.

USPc .40
S&W 638 Bodyguard Airweight

..not at the same time :)

..and I have some sort of lightweight Commander, or Commander slide on Officer frame 1911 vs an HK45c on my wish list..and maybe a Walther PPS in 9mm when I need something super flat.

I have a few combinations that I use for concealed carry. I will list them in the order of frequency:

Ruger GP100 / S&W 442
S&W 22-4 / 442
1911 / 442
1911 / Kahr PM9
Glock 19 / 442
Glock 19 / PM9
442 / PM9
S&W 686 / 442

Ruger SP101 2.25" in .38sp+p
loaded with either - Remington Golden Sabre 125gr.jhp, Speer Gold Dot 135gr. jhp, or PMC Eldorado Starfire 125gr. jhp

Back