what do you carry concealed ?

febguns5.jpg

Cool weather carry above, warmer weather carry below, both in 9mm.

febguns4.jpg

These days, a slim, handy, and accurate 5" 1911 (Kramer IWB#2) and an also handy & accurate S&W J frame (home made pocket holster) provide comfort while buying ice cream at the local family grocery store.

fitzgrips002ud0.jpg

I have 2 carry guns. The one i carry most all the time is the Smith 638 with 38+p. in a pocket holster. Sometimes i carry a Glock model 29 10mm loaded with doubletap ammo.

in my old age I carry a little nickel plated S&W model 38

aluminum frame .38 special in a Galco horsehide pocket holster

loaded with 158 grain Hornady hollowpoints

A Trojan is essentially a target pistol, but very good.

Mine has had a complete go thru with the internals, everything polished, barrel ported, the plastic springhousing replaced with steel, 18.5# spring, ambidextrous safety, combat tritium sights. It started out blue steel but that did not hold up to sweat and sand and I had it titanium electoplated. It will feed, without falter, any combination of loads or bullets that you can put in the magazine.

It is now and has been for several years, a combat pistol. My business was bailbonding, and it had to work.

oh ok, thank you very much for clarifying that

I carry a Smith & Wesson model 64 .38 special in a Don Hume "Jit" slide holster loaded with 158 grain Federal Classic hollowpoints

P232 in DonHume IWB, Fobus Paddle
XD45 5" when the wardrobe permits... which surprisingly is quite often. I use an Uncle Mikes Paddle

All of my holsters are cheap and all of them work well.

S&W 442-2 with either Hogue Monogrips, Pachmayr Compac or Pachmayr Compac Professionals (final decision not yet made) in a Mika round cut pocket holster or DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster, with Speer .38 cal. 135gr GDSB +P, and a Bianchi speed strip holding 5 GDSB in weak pocket.

Bersa Thunder .380 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster with extra factory mag in weak pocket. Carry ammo not yet determined.

Kahr CW9-on order. Want to put in a pocket holster of some kind, if possible. Carry ammo not yet determined.

Spyderco Endura Wave clipped to left rear pocket.

I'll never carry more than one gun at a time.

Last edited:
NWDude-

How did you come to decide upon the 147gr load for SD? There are many choices out there. I'm curious. Did you give it a lot of consideration, or did you have no choice?

Also, please tell me about shooting that round from the Kahr CW9.

I had heard nothing but good things about Speer GoldDots, so I knew that was one of my top SD choices. Then I read this list which was posted by Dr.Gary Roberts who is a noted ballistics and medical expert. (Just listing 9mm)

The following loads all demonstrate outstanding terminal performance and can be considered acceptable for duty/self-defense use:

9 mm:
Barnes XPB 105 & 115 gr JHP (copper bullet)
Corbon DPX JHP (Copper Bullet)
Federal Tactical 124 gr JHP (LE9T1)
Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P JHP (53617)
Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)
Winchester Partition Gold 124 gr JHP (RA91P)
Winchester Ranger-T 127 gr +P+ JHP (RA9TA)
Federal Tactical 135 gr +P JHP (LE9T5)
Federal HST 147 gr JHP (P9HST2)
Remington Golden Saber 147 gr JHP (GS9MMC)
Speer Gold Dot 147 gr JHP (53619)
Winchester Ranger-T 147 gr JHP (RA9T)

So I decided to go with the 147gr. I've only shot a 20rd box of it through my CW9, I thought accuracy was good and recoil was managable.

Back