What did you carry this Thanksgiving? (2013)

Thankful for our loves ones and we will protect them no matter what and never let our guard down. It's just how most of us here are wired.

I carried AIWB at 1:00 (we hug a lot) my Glock 19 in a PHLster "Skeleton".

What did you carry?

I carried one large platter of turkey and stuffing. Couple of bottles of wine. Couple of bottles of other "adult beverages".
Did not feel the need to defend family from un-anticipated attack of restless natives. That's what large dogs and shotguns are for.
I shall now continue to sit here, waiting for a world class case of indigestion to pass.
Hope you all had a great day.

G29, IWB via KHolster, I need a new belt, however. Had backup mag in super-cheep OEM Glock mag carrier, backup mag has original flat-bottom Glock mag floorplate because the (FAR better) Pearce grip extension doesn't get along so much with my mid-section when carried on my backup magazine. :o

Given the way the head of our household chose my outfit - I had to go with a pocket J frame and a speed strip. Of course, I put a Spyderco and Surefire on the other pockets.

Since my warm coat has a nice cross draw position inner pocket - I dropped an LCP in a pocket holster in that.

I rarely carry IWB but did yesterday, 1:00 with a Beretta 85FS in a Don Hume holster. Everybody hugs you on Thanksgiving, and the last thing I wanted was someone to question the bump on my hip, so appendix carry IWB it was!

While my destination was a private residence of good friends Who happen to be my son's inlaws, and only close family members are present, there is getting there and returning.
Elsie Pea is my companion where ever I go. Sometimes, as in yesterday, alone. But at other times accompanied by something larger.

We had smoked turkey and that's close enough to a BBQ for me.

NewMSH_LSide.jpg

SARGE?!
If you're BBQ'ing, and you own a Coonan, you should be COONAN'N.

You more than most, you have two of them! :D

Glock 26 w/ Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain in Remora IWB holster.
Kershaw Leek
Victorinox Swiss Army Bantam
Gerber Dime
Streamlight Stylus Pro
Burt's Bees chapstick

Back