What caliber is your concealed carry weapon(s)?

What is your concealed carry caliber?

• 9mm

Votes: 109 37.7%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 46 15.9%
  • .45 GAP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .380 ACP

Votes: 32 11.1%
  • .38 Special

Votes: 48 16.6%
  • 10mm

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • .357 mag

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • .32 ACP

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • .25 ACP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 16 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nine mm Glock 26 right front pocket.

If I have to wear tighter, dressier type pants (which I rarely do) I will go to a Smith J Frame in .38 Special.

A good pocket holster is a must.

Since I could only choose one option, I went with the one I've carried most lately, 9mm.

I also commonly carry .45 ACP and .38 +P.

Every chance that after this weekend's range trip I'll swap back to .45 for a while, depends on how I'm shooting.

9mm, defensive bullet technology has made a lot of progress. It is no longer necessary to carry a 40 or 45 for adequate stopping power. True, what the 9mm does, the larger calibers might do better. But I prefer to be back on target faster and to have more capacity over more firepower.

That's my preference and I'm sticking to it.

what calibre for concealed

I use two 357's.
1- is a 2" 357 mag Rossi with a crimson laser sight.
2- is my brand spanking new GP100 4" 357.

As one gets older it gets harder to pull back and load the semi's. This is due to arthritis and such. That's why is sold my semis for revolvers and this is what I learned on and that's what I am most comfortable with.
It's all about what you're the most comfortable and happy with. But, listen and learn from everyone. The info you get on this site is awesome.

End of discussion. Good luck.

Doc

I carry the .357 Sig most of the time. My Sig P 239 is my favorite but if I have to go to a smaller gun I carry a .380 Sig P 238 rather than not carry at all. I am not much of a 9mm fan like a lot of people seem to be. The 125 grain Speer Gold Dots or the Winchester Ranger Bonded are my carry rounds for now. After many hours of interesting research and video reviews I am sold on the .357 Sig to be the best caliber as long as the full powered ammo is used.

Usually .45acp of some ilk. Mostly my SA compact, or Kahr CW45 (awesome gun for the money)

some days I'll have the 45 on my hip and tiny P3at in my back pocket (holstered of course)

On the motorcycle for those day long trips the 45 goes to a miami classic shoulder rig. (I hate the gun digging into me on the bike)

On my horse I had a holster made to strap to my saddle for a GP100 4inch loaded with my uber hot loads (lotsa unsavory critters around here)

nine, Glock19 gen 4, always, same gun, same place. Spare G17 Mag. Surefire torch on belt, behind spare mag.

Sitting in track pants pocket now, whilst my flashing trigger finger hits the keys!

Non of us have any idea of our next gun fight, but 16 rounds ready to go is a comfort!

Started off with a good Russian Makarov, went down to a .32acp now carry a very small .380. I do feel I'm slightly under-armed though.

I could try a very small single stack 9mm but those are usually quite a handful and I like to practice with my carry weapon. I can shoot my .380 comfortably and get in quick followup shots.

I expected a little more love for the .40 in the poll.

From SgtGunner:
"On my horse I had a holster made to strap to my saddle for a GP100 4inch loaded with my uber hot loads (lotsa unsavory critters around here)"

Sgt, have you ever shot from your horse? I'm wondering what a horse's reaction to gunshots is.

I shoot from my horse quite frequently. Some horses are not fond of it and can spook badly. Mine does not care, she was a SO Mounted Patrol horse for 8 years so she doesn't spook at much. My sons horse isn't fond of it but he doesn't freak out like some Ive seen. He will flinch but continue on.

Back