What auto occupies your nightstand?

Loaded Beretta 92. Holstered, round chambered and safety on, it gets moved from the nightstand to the safe when I get up and ready to leave.

It depends on what was clean after the last shooting trip.
Generally, I favor the Ruger P95DC.

Sometimes it's a S&W 642 or Taurus PT-138 (Gen I). (I took the time to make the Taurus actually work ... might as well use it.)

Most of the time a S&W .357 revolver under my pillow. Sometimes I do sleep with a S&W 3rd generation 9mm auto with 16 rounds of 9BPLE. Mossberg 500 about four feet away.

Just because I know we like pictures here...

THIS... (I know, mags are empty, ammo hasn't come in yet :( )

20140418_222149_zpsgakcv4gc.jpg

is intended to get me to this... (Which I DO have ammo for :D )

20140418_222300_zpslxn4eeen.jpg

Last edited:
FN-X 9 with a light/laser combo on the rail. Both spare mags are in there too, but at 17 rounds apeice of 124gr +P I really don't imagine I'll need 'em. ;)

My "nightstand" is actually an antique spool chest which means it has small, thin drawers. So, I will keep one of my small pocket carry autos in it -- either my Kahr CM9 or Ruger LCP. I keep a full sized handgun in my dresser and a shotgun in the closet.

For years it was my trusty SIG P220, but after my last purchase it is the SIG P226 Tacops w/Viridian strobe/and laser. Hopefully that 21 shots can get me to the closet to the 12 gauge with #1 Buck. The P220 is now the "front door" greeter.

Sig p226 with TLR-2 light/laser w 21 rounds of 124+p Speer Gold Dots inside; 2 20-round mags; Howard Leight R-01526 Impact earmuff

Back