What are you driving?

Art, I remember well when my Beemer 2002 lost it's fuel pump outside of Boligee Alabama!
That's a story worth a thread itself!
Hank

REALITY: 1997 Honda CRV, underpowered but "family oriented."
Husband drives 1998 Ford Ranger 5spd, 6 cyl, 4door bright red. Used to be mine 'till parenthood came upon us. :-( fun to drive!

Also have had 1997 F150 XL 5spd, fun to drive, but not enough "oomph" it got traded in for the CRV.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I had a '67 'Stang, 289 coupe, 3-toned paint. (ie faded white orig paint, primer gray, and new-fender black)ooooh I miss this one!!!! Got in too much trouble in it though!

DREAM: 1999 or so F150 Supercab Lariat, 4x4 with the 5,4L Triton.

What can I say, Im from TX and we LOVE trucks down here!

------------------

SlackO it was never in Hot Rods readers rides but was photographed by Car Craft one year at the Fall Street Machine Nationals. I haven't shown it in several years. To be honest I don't know if they ever published the photos. Too many car magazines and too many gun magazines to keep up. :)

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Let's see-'65 Galaxie 500 (threw a rod), '75 Volvo 245, '77 Chevy Van conversion by Van Lands, '76 VW Scirroco, '80 Merc Marquis wagon, '79 F-150, '84 Olds Firenza wagon, '88 VW Fox wagon, '90 T-bird Super Coupe (best car I've ever owned) '90 Grand Vic wagon, '92 Volvo 245, '93 F-150, '93 Nissan Quest, '93 Explorer, currently '95 Nissan Maxima. FWIW, I wouldn't own a Volvo again if you gave it to me and paid for all expenses for as along as I kept it. It may be safe, but I just can't abide having a vehicle which needs new brakes every 10K miles, and has an electrical system that seems to have been designed by a couple of retarded parameciums (paramecii?).
What would I like to drive? Geez, it's physically impossible. Something that can be manuevered as easily as a VW bug but has the interior room of a box car, the aceleration of a AA fuel, tops out at 220+, corners and handles like a good Indy car, has the structural strength of a NASCAR racer, gets at least 50mpg, and looks sexy, too. Gee, I don't ask for much, do I? :D

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard
The Shottist's Center forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc

hksigwalther, you do indeed have the lamest car. But I think you've disqualified yourself by admitting you can afford something a lot better!!! You're willingly subjecting yourself to automotive embarrassment!! ;)

'98 E1 Silver Frost SVT Contour, soon to have resonator removed and KKM induction. Gotta love that blue leather! SCHHHHHWWWWWIIIINNNNGGG!!!!!!!

Chris

Harley:
NO: Although it use to be 4X4 it is now a 1948 Jeep, Pick-up (modified)

FORD .302 Boss, edelbrock manifold, holly 4 barrell, Hedder Headers, custom dual, side external exhausts, mag wheels, FMX 3 spd tranny, custom bucket seats, custom interior 7 mechanical gauges, custom fence bed. Custom paint, Flame on hood.

One of a kind:

HJN

Now I really feel embarrased driving my little 89 red Geo Metro with the 3 squarrels. Easy to keep them fed and sense it is so dirty and beat up I don't have to worry about taking it places.

Wife drives a Ford F150 with the Eddie Bower package. Have a good two horse trailer for it to pull. Working on the horses now. Getting them desensitized so that I can shoot off of them. Sorry, but I can't afford to buy guns and maintain two trucks four horses, two dogs, two cats at this time. Guns come first with me and the horses with the wife. No better way to deer hunt than off a horse. Can get way back in the sticks and a lot closer to the deer on a horse.

Richard

Yes i'm guilty also, love chasing yote's around a section in my 1995 NISSIAN PATHFINDER. Stock except fot some Dualer a/t tires. 12-34hom. - out.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan (when the family has to go to the range to help me pick up brass......)

Yep, brother-in-law works at Chrysle.. oh, I mean for Damil...., Dame..., oh, forget it, the krauts.

In days of yore..... 1968 Mustang GT 428 cubic inch hell raiser. The first time I drove it, it scared the sh.t out of me!!

But it was fun to race down Telegraph in the suburbs of Detroit.....

DblTap

--------------
If the world is a stage, where does the audience sit?

I just bought a 95 Honda CBR 600F3. This is my first street bike since I decided to upgrade from dirt. Let me tell you, it is one SWEET ride!!
BTW, I also have a 82 Toyota Celica GTS sittin in my yard with a cracked engine block and oil stains underneath it. Does this qualify me as a redneck?

1995 Ford Ranger Extended Cab w/4 liter V6, 5 speed tranny, limited slip differential. Would like more truck w/4x4 package but between ex-wife support package and daughter going to college this fall, this is about as good as it's going to get. Unless, of course, ex finds someone stupid enough to marry her or she gets hit by lightning or a bus. Naaaw, I couldn't be that lucky!

Our family car (that means the wife drives it) - '97 Mercury Grand Marquis. I tell her it's TAN! She smiles and quietly says, "Mocha".
I drive our company car - 93 Ford Crown Vic. I say gray. She says, "silver". I give the teenager's answer, (eyes rolling), "Whatever."
Interesting, when I pull up behind people on the interstate they seem to hit the brakes. Hmm. Ford Crown Vic. Looks plain. Extra antenna. Hmmm. I think my next one will be a Mercury - just so other folks keep moving.

Toyota 4wd (four seat four door) pickup with a Warn Winch on the end just in case. Haven't needed it so far - build good vehicles them Japs do, in spite of their bad attitudes towards Important Things In Life.

Seven year old roan horse thats done gone lame on me and a gray mare that thinks shes twelve but I know shes a darn sight older.

A 4x4 Jeep thats put together from a WW2 chassis, Continetal sidevalve six from somewhere in the late 50's and a body from a locally (argentine) produced Jeep about '65 ... it keeps on falling apart again from time to time - sort of "unmixes"... also has a Warn on the end to pull it along as required.

Guess I'll be getting a new hoss soon, the others acting so elderly. Think I'll call it "Harley". (er - sorry Mr Nolden :) 'Harley Davison' then)

Hasta pronto amigos!
El Chimango Pete

[This message has been edited by Elchimango (edited June 25, 1999).]

I'll play in this one. I held back on "What do you ride" cause my Harley has been off the road for a few years and I really didn't think I qualified for that reason.

92 Chevy Suburban 4x4 Silverado
1500 (350)
Full Skid Plates
Towing package
Brush Guard Front w/Driving Lights (will switch these out with some Airplane landing lights one day (and WAIT for someone NOT to turn off their high beams :) )

And like Jim V no gun rack... just tons of space. I do have a left handed hoster mounted on the counsel btw the Driver's Captain chair. CCW is switch from strong side hip holster to this when traveling.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

1996 Ford F-150, 5-speed, 300 straight six.

Used to drive a '73 Ford F-100 Ranger (before they made 'em small) with a 390 and auto trans, and I now realize that they don't make 'em like they used to.

Next purchase sometime this summer: Dodge 1500 4x4.....haven't decided on regular or extended cab or 6' or 8' bed yet.

'93 Chevrolet C1500
Gosh, I probably should just keep that a secret...looks like the forum is pretty much F*rd and import territory. :) Yes, I am a General Motors guy..but Mopar is great too. Just can't bring myself to drive a F*rd.

[This message has been edited by Simple System (edited June 25, 1999).]

Bookkie now you've gone and done it. Now we need to start a new thread;
What kind of *horse* are you riding? :)
13 year old AQHA grulla Quarter horse mare I've had since birth with Leo & Three Bars breeding. To keep up the gun theme I have shot off of her but never hunted with her. To keep with the vehicle theme she's powered by alfalfa & high protien all grain with extra molases. :D :D :D

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Back