What are you driving?

Lucas:

Oh? Really? I thought you still had the wheel on the left? ;)

BTW, my introduction to driving in the US was in my B-I-L's Suzuki Vitara (Sidekick??).

• At night
• On the Interstate, driving to DC
• At 75 mph trying to keep up with B-I-L
• In a snowstorm (true, I swear it! In Maine)
• On the wrong side of the road, steering from the wrong side of the car, with the floorchange (stickshift) on the wrong side of me (never changed gears with my right hand before!)

It was below freezing outside, but I lost half a stone in sweat in the first hour! ;)

B

1989 Chevy Suburban 350 2 wheel drive. Station Wagon.

No gun racks as it has enough space to hold two belt feds and a case of ammo. LOL

Before that a Ford Aerostar van. More room than one person needs unless he is hauling lotsa ammo etc.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

83 Ford F150 van W/ 300ci 6cyl
85 T-Bird W/ 5.0 L V-8
88 T-Bird W/ 3.8 L V-6

Sorry no 4X4 here. However I do have a long scraggly beard and a 55yd shootin range in the backyard.
Does mean I aren't a rednek and hafta stop readin TFL?
Abe

------------------
If everyone thought like me, I'd be a damn fool to think any different!

Do vehicles really reflect what we are, or what we want to be?

My truck is a Dodge 2500 with a Lance camper in the bed. My winter rat is a Dodge Spirit.

Wifes car is - what else, A Dodge mini van, of course.

From the above, you might guess, that when I work ( not too often ) I work for a Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge/Jeep dealer and I do.

Have also had Tojos, Rams, Dakotas, Jeeps, etc, in 4WD. In answer to the question at the top of my post, I don't know. GLV

'93 Ford F-250 with camper shell-poor man's motor home- '85 dodge 1/2 ton, both 4WD. Snows around here sometimes...

------------------
Shoot carefully... swifter...

Can not afford a vehicle, bought too many guns. Just Kidding
1996 Ford Thunderbird

------------------
Society is safer when the criminal does not know who is armed

74 binder
For those with necks a little less red that is an International Harvester Scout II.
"Anything less is just a car"
Bruce , there are actually quite a few of these things that were built bassackwards (right hand drive) for rural mail carriers, I have driven one but only on the right side of the road. Driving on the wrong side from the wrong side might make a person go "postal".
bergie

The fleet, in order of age: 1954 Fiat-Allis motor grader; 1974 BMW 2002; 1978 Case 580C backhoe; 1984 GMC 7000 dumptruck; 1984 Toy 4Runner; 1985 Toy 4WD PU. Then there is Boss Mama's fleet, including a '73 VW Thing, an '82 Chev PU and a '98 Ford 2WD Exploder.

Hmmm. Definitely lack a motorcycle...

I've been waiting for someone to start this thread. :D

'84 Camaro Z-28 bought new with 22,xxx actual miles. Powered by:

Factory crate LS7 balanced & blueprinted with:

Lunati full roller valive train. .560"/.610" lift, 264/273 duration @ .050 lift, 112 dgree lobe centers.

Square port open chamber heads. ported & polished.

Wieand Team "G" intake. Topped with Holley 1050 Dominator.

Vertex magnito.

Five speed with .7 overdrive and 2.73 rear gears.

Dick Guldstrand susension, 11" FWD brakes.

200+ mph top end. It will light the tires up in 5th gear @ 150 mph. :D :D :D :D I REFUSE to grow up.

Every day driver is a rusted out 76 Chevelle station wagon with a very leaky 350.

I've been trying to talk fal308 into dropping his Hemi in the RX7. That might make the Camaro look for a place to hide. :D

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Drive an '87 Ford Mustang GT (bone stock with the exception of a K&N and air silencer removed)

1967 Ford Mustang Fastback, with a warm 351 Windsor, that needs more time and money than I currently have.

1999 35th Anniversary Mustang - Laser Red
1996 Mercury Mystique - Gold - Killer Sound System Added 100 watt amp, 12 Cd in trunk, 1 Cd in dash and EQ for 30 - 45 minute drive to work.

------------------
"GottaShoot30, GottaShoot27, GottaShoot23, GottaShootKimber - I just wish I had more time"

Gunslinger - Your car sounds familiar, didn't I read about it in the HotRod reader's rides?... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I have a '66 mustang w/ 289, holley 450 cfm 2 barrel big throat, bored .06 over. Also have an Avanti II. Studebaker sold the body molds (after going under)to G.M. and they produced them from approx '81-'93. The one I have is an '83 w/ a corvette 305. It's geared way long (1,750 rpm @ 70 mph). 3 speed tranny w/ O.D. Finding any parts besides engine parts is a bit#@. Wife has a TOYota Camry (nice BTW despite emphasis)...

I have several guns (9) and don't quite fit the redneck profile (although I have been known to take a chew once in a while - since I quit).
------------------
Anarchism: The radical notion that I am the sole authority when it comes to deciding what's best for me.

[This message has been edited by SlackO (edited June 24, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by SlackO (edited June 24, 1999).]

WHOA, UKGrad.

Check this out:

1988 Honda Accord LXi
Bought used from dad for $600/167,000 miles/5-98. (I was hoping to save up some cash.) It gave my dad exemplary service. Upon taking possession of the vehicle, I drove it for 93 miles when the thermostat gave out (stuck closed), tow#1 in Charleston, Va. 4 months later, had the clutch done, loose clutch cable came undone, tow#2 in Marietta, OH. 1 month later, right ball joint gives up, skid to a halt, tow#3 in Marietta, OH. Earlier this month, left ball joint, tow#4 in Parma Hts., OH. (I was hoping the left ball joint would hold up for just one more year.) Total repairs/rental: ~$2900 (lotta damage and replacements for the ball joint incidents). The only things that seem to work properly in the car are the electric windows & sunroof and the parking break (but it's getting a little loose). Now at 188,000 MILES (i think thats around 17,498,863,980.935365 kilometers for you metric types.)

Just 11 more months baby, just 11 more months. After that I can buy practically anything I want up to the new BMW E46 M3 (If it comes with all of the estimated unrestricted 340-360hp, that is. WOOHOO). I'll actually probably buy something more efficient, practical, and less expensive.

- Ron V.

------------------

Guys, yall are driving me nuts with this thread!
Longhair, let me say this now, I never thought that I would do this!
Car: 95 Concours "Caddy" Fast as 1963 hot rods and steers pretty well!
Truck: 91 F-150 with creature comforts like
4 wheel drive and air at the same time.
A few tractors. Bikes are still pieces and parts!
I do remember having a brand new bike once an it was a Jap. Remember a man named Pops Yashamura and what air freight back and forth to Japan cost! It was a heck of a cafe racer!
Got an honest speeding ticket from an honest cop! Wayyyyyy too fast!
Good Shooting! Hank

1984 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab 4X2 W/ fiberglass topper.
351 Windsor 4 barrel carb, auto trans. Pure stock.

Poor old thing looks like hell. Paints faded, assorted dents, couple small rust spots and almost always needing a good bath. Mechanically, the old girl is solid as a rock. Everything works and she runs just fine. Just turned over 160,000 miles and still going strong.
Every once in a while I consider getting a new one, but then I find myself out in the woods bounching tree limbs and rocks off it and figure "Why bother?"

Back