What are you driving?

I was very interested to see the responses to the "What are you riding?" post.

We are convinced (by the ever-truthful media, of course) that all "redneck" gunowners drive 4x4s.

Is this true?

In my case, unfortunately ;) yes ...

Vehicle:
1992 Holden Jackaroo (aka Isuzu Trooper)
3.2 V6
Uprated shockies
White spoked wheels
Wide tyres
H/D towbar
Roobar and spotties
CB

Anyone else?

B
PS: Done 111000 kms and I still love it!!

Yep, it's true!

'98 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4.(No need for gun rack in back window with an extended cab!)

No mods yet due to warranty concerns but can't think of any it needs anyway.

Mikey

99 Jeep Wrangler TJ
4.0 liter or is that litre
30" Tire package
Dual Tops
CB in a Tuffy Security Console
Warn winch
have had, Ford Bronco II, Ford Bronco, Chevy Z71, Toyota 4X4, Dodge Dakota 4X4
reall haven't had a chance to check out the jeep yet, but i really like. I have to say the best one before i got it was the Toyota!
like i said before, quoting David Allen Coe
"my long hair can't cover up my redneck"

------------------
what me worry?

An addendum:

Glad I got rid of my last car ;)

Toyota FJ40 SWB softop
Chevvy 400 c.i., bored 40 000
Holley pumper
Sports air cleaner (B-I-G!)
Mallory ignition
GM400 turbo auto box with shift kit
Free-flow dual exhaust
35" tyres and mag wheels
Upgraded shocks and steering damper
4" roll cage

Went like a shower of sh*t ;)

But a bit too redneck ;)

B

B

Currently own an '85 Mazda RX-7 and '90 Dodge pickup. Before that I had a '74 Ramcharger SE (4x4), '77 Dodge W200 (4x4), and a '79 Dodge W150 (4x4).

Hah, I laugh at that stereotype!!!!

94 Chevy Corsica
V6 in need of a tune up and oil change
Slightly bald tires
Milk stains in back seat from son

90 Geo Storm
Leaky power steering
Cracked dashboard
Rusty windshield wipers
Rear speakers "buzz"

Will trade both for:

`96 BMW 328is, mostly stock but for some ECU tweaks and enhanced breathing (Flowtech, B&B cat-back exhaust). M2 :) :) :)

'83 F150 4x4 XLS SWB Stepside (302cu)
'86 U150 4x4 XLT w/ HD suspension (351HO)
'86 CJ-7 4x4 Base model (150cu, w/ B-W T5)
'97 FLHR Road King (carb'd version)

Hmmm.. just realized I seem to BE the stereo-type....

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited June 23, 1999).]

'99 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 (just got it two weeks ago)
before that: '93 Saturn and/or '81 Chevy Surbaban 4X2.

So I guess I just made the leap into the media Stereotype.

I have a few vehicles - all in various states of disrepair.

1. 89 Chevy fullsized custom conversion van
2. Chevy again, Caprice Classic Police Package. Bought from State Auction at a killer price.
Update here - the Cruiser has passed away, dead. *Sigh* That is what happens when the oil plug come out while you in the middle of the desert
3. Geo Metro XFI, Wife bought it before we got married - cant get rid of it. It drives just dandy and gets almost 60 MPG... With the Van and Cruiser - we need the economy.
4. Kawa ZX-11R It was spilled and scared the owner... never to ride again - I got it at a steal... Needs a new Pipe and Body panel...
Update... just sold the ZX for 1/3 more than I payed for it. Not a bad deal, but now I will have to start looking all over again. :)
------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

[This message has been edited by Kodiac (edited June 26, 1999).]

Uhhh, okay.

'97 Subaru Outback Sport (yeah, I drive a station wagon)
'69 Kaiser Jeepster Commando (once I finish repainting it, anyway) also technically a station wagon

Previously drove a '88 Toyota Corolla GT-S, some minor mods ;)

Currently looking HARD at a '98 Buell S1 White Lightning...

So, what would that make me? A gun-totin' redneck hippie in leathers?

------------------
Beginner barbarians probably had the idea that every house they broke into would be full of untouched loot and frightened, unarmed victims. It just doesn't work that way, my friend.

A '95 Jeep Cherokee Country

Gotta tell you about a friends ride though. He's got a Ford F350 Club Cab, that's not the good part - his license plate is
RDNK LMO

Here's my list of all the cars I've owned...

1976 Ford Granada sports coupe with blue exterior, red interior, polished chrome luggage rack on trunk lid, bucket seats, a full console with floor shifter, and a Radio Shack sound system.

1978 Buick LeSabre (BIG) sports coupe with burgundy red exterior, fuzzy red Buick seats, a turbo charged V-6, and the same Radio Shack sound system moved over from the Granada.

1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with black paint, black trim, black sidewall tires, and blood red interior. Got lots of chicks with this one...broke down at 54,000 miles though.

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE with blue exterior, gray interior, blood red gauges, and leather wrapped wheel.

1998 Pontiac Trans-Am with 5.7 liter LT-1 V-8, artic white exterior, polished chromed wheels, gray leather interior, and a kick @ss sound system.

Whut truck???

- Anthony

'88 Ram 250 Dodge Pickup truck

Big, strong sucker and I'm sucking Kuwait dry..

Oh yeah... obligatory 4 gun rack with always at least one present (and a spinning rod/reel setup)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

'95 Ford Contour SE, manual transmission.
Stock, except for the kick-butt sound system I added when I was commuting 1.5 hours a day.

Now I work within bicycle distance of my house. I still drive, but theoretically it's within bicycle distance :)

I'm planning on replacing it with a Subaru Outback Sedan, in 2001.

1982 Jeep Cherokee, 360 V-8, and MASSIVE custom bumpers, for the truck.

1994 Infinity Q-45 for the car.

Hope to replace the car this year but will never get rid of my truck.

93 dodge 350 with 5.9 cummins diesel uprated to 300 horses. 86 3/4 ton chevy suburban,6.2 diesel with banks turbo kit.

Currently I have the following:

Cad Allante roadster
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Chev K20 pick-up truck
71 240 Z.

My best redneck vehicle, which I like an idiot sold, was a 55 Willy's PU (1 ton) with a 69 Chev 350 4 bolt main, gas drikin sob.

Bruce, all of which are correctly configured with the steering wheel on the proper side.

Back