Western States TFL Round Up - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewok

Please see the original thread for background if needed. http://www.thefiringline.com:8080/forums/showthread.php?threadid=32163

What: <BLINK>a shootin' get together!</BLINK>
When: the last weekend in August, 1999! (Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th)
Where: Carson City/Reno, Nevada! Carson City Rifle and Pistol Range, 4000 Flint Dr.
Who: Y'all! Spouses/SOs, kids, everybody who enjoys shootin'!
Where we stayin': TBA. We don't have to all stay at the same place, but it would be nice to have some community!
What to bring: guns & ammo to share! But if you don't have it, other people will! You can bet there'll be some AR-15 clones! And lots of mild-shootin' target pistols too!

I'm planning to bring:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Bushmaster AR-15 clone
<LI>T/C Contender pistol w/.45 Colt and 10mm barrels
<LI>Walther P99 9mm
<LI>S&W 642 .38
<LI>Ruger Blackhawk .357
<LI>Ruger Single-Six .22/.22 WMR.
<LI>Ruger Bisley-Vaquero .45 Colt.
<LI>Mossberg 590A1, Vang Comp'd
</UL>

The following have indicated that they will be attending. Please let me know if you are not attending, and I will edit this message.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Kodiak
<LI>Blades67
<LI>Erick
<LI>4V50 Gary
<LI>DC
<LI>olazul
<LI>Paul B.
<LI>bookkie
<LI>John/az2
<LI>Jeff Thomas
<LI>Coinneach
<LI>Mendocino
<LI>Morgan
<LI>Ewok
<LI>shane
<LI>Tim Schlosser
<LI>swifter...
<LI>Pthfndr
<LI>BLITZKRIEG
<LI>deanf
<LI>Patrick Seeber
</UL>

[This message has been edited by Ewok (edited August 12, 1999).]

I'll be there.
With Bushmaster AR-15 Clone 16"
1911A1 Clone
and whatever else is added to the arsenal between know and then

Ill be there with my bushmasters and hopefully a FAL.

------------------
"We should definitely get you out this month." - Bushmaster Customer Service 06/04/99

I still have not recieved my order!

I'll have my S&W .357, Mossberg 500, Breda 710, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mk-I... since that makes up my entire collection thus far, and I wouldn't want to leave any of my guns alone for 5 days . :)

------------------
You can't get something for nothing,
You can't have freedom for free.
--Neil Peart

Cant rightly say what I will bring yet... But I can't wait...

I am having to reschedual a jaunt to Singapore to make this... But hey - A guy has to have priorities right?

------------------
Every man Dies.
Not Every Man Truely Lives...

FREEDOM!

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

sorry can't make have a gssf that weekend. and if the ol' lady can't get vac. a no go. i don't know about you but 3-5 day's total w/out a woman
wait aren't hooker's legal in nev.

I may be there. So what exactly are the laws in Nevada about transporting guns? I suppose it's some variation of the standard "unloaded, ammo in a separate compartment of the vehicle." And what exactly can I possess there without trouble? I'm sure Nevada is gun friendly, but I don't want to run afoul of the local constabulary.

So if I have a Suburban, and the only separate compartment is the glove box, which is not big enough for any ammo, where does that leave me?

And . . . may I suggest we pin down a central meeting point and time in advance? I’m not in a position to arrange this myself, as I don’t know Reno (the town, and especially not the Attorney General.)

I've added a list of intended attendies at the top.

Do we want to stay in Reno, or Carson City? 4V50 Gary mentioned a free 300 yard range near Carson City....

I dont know if you want to keep this a TFL only thing but if not you could post this at AR15.com and probably get even more people to come.

------------------
"We should definitely get you out this month." - Bushmaster Customer Service 06/04/99

I still have not recieved my order!

I'm working on it, but gosh it's not easy. The Wife graduates from college (finally) on the 22nd and we've been promising the kids a jaunt to Disneyland for all the sacrifices they've made. I'm looking at going a rather strange route and leaving my truck around Sacramento so I can be dropped off on the way back. Big problem, what to do with my firearms. Leave 'em in my truck for a week in a parking lot in Sacramento, leave 'em in my car at the Disneyland parking lot every day and carry them in and out of the Motel every morn and night. I guess I could always just stop in at the Anaheim Sheriffs Office and ask them to keep an eye on my arsenal for the week. :) BTW I'm looking at bringing about 15 weapons and ammo just to let you know the size of this problem.

------------------
TJS

Tom,

I live south of you about 2.5 hours near 101 and Highway 20. I might be able to help you out. Why don't you email me for further discussion.

JH

I'm applying for the weekend off. Haven't decided which toys to bring yet. They're all screaming: "Take me! Take me!"

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Tim:

I live about 40 min north west of Sacramento near where I-5 & 505 connect... If I can help just let me know.

Thanks,

Richard

Bringin my marlin .22, Browning b-80 12 ga., Colt Trooper Mark III 357 with 4", Dan Wesson target pack with 2", 4", 6" & 8" barrles. Wife is bringing her Rossi 357 with 2 1/2" ported. Along with 500 rounds of 357, a 5lb coffee can of 38spc. 2+ bricks of .22 LR. Should be fun...

Are we shooting out in the desert or at a range? If we just shoot in the desert I have a friend that works at ralphs that can get old produce for free if you have ever had the desire to see what your 45 hollow points do to a watermelon!

Ewok,

Does "reactive targets" include Bullz-I? If so, I can bring a few dozen.

As far as PR-type hardware, does this mean AK-47s and Uzis are verboten?

------------------
Ignorance is takin' over,
We gotta take the power back.
--Rage Against The Machine

Not sure what a Bullz-I is, but I'm willing to shoot at it :)

I was thinking of buying a couple of the smaller auto-poppers from www.mgmtargets.com, unless someone already has a garage full of that kind of thing.

[This message has been edited by Ewok (edited July 22, 1999).]

Bullz-I are little exploding targets, filled with powder or somesuch. Great fun, especially when you stack 2 or 3. :)

------------------
Ignorance is takin' over,
We gotta take the power back.
--Rage Against The Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back