Weird. I didn't order a pizza

"The line has to be drawn somewhere. In my mind, the line is my front door. Cross that, and all bets are off."
Quoted for truth.

If you grab my door while I'm trying to close it, we have a problem (even common area secure entry doors). Pizza guy or clergy, doesn't matter. Would I draw? I can't say for sure. It would certainly be one of the top five options.
A person going to a private dwelling isn't necessarily owed anything by the occupants. If your hurt/in distress, I'll call 911 and get you some assistance. If your up to no good, I'll call 911 and get you some assistance. Beyond that, the burden of proof of their good intentions is on the visitor.

I'll still contend that his vehicle was close by and he can go to it to call his boss. I doubt the guy had a sawed off shotgun in a borrowed pizza box but criminals are clever and he could be looking for an "ex" or whatever and not have noble intentions being there. Drawing at that time is premature but you'd have to be at alert ready just in case. The aggressive move made all decisions easy.

I'll still contend that his vehicle was close by and he can go to it to call his boss. I doubt the guy had a sawed off shotgun in a borrowed pizza box but criminals are clever and he could be looking for an "ex" or whatever and not have noble intentions being there. Drawing at that time is premature but you'd have to be at alert ready just in case. The aggressive move made all decisions easy.

I agree with this up until the last sentence. Nowhere in the OP does it clearly say that this guy was being aggressive. Yes he grabbed the door but that could have just been a natural reaction to wanting to get in out of the cold and figure things out. It's easy to sit here and say "well he could have gone to his car" but realistically the average American is not particularly aware of their surroundings or how their actions could be misread. Like I said bringing a gun down with you is a fine idea but I'd be more inclined to chalk this up to an oblivious pizza guy just trying to get done his Christmas Eve shift so he can go home and enjoy the holidays like everyone else.

Back