Water & Wings in PA - closed?

I need a shotgun gunsmith there. I got my 20inch barrel and did some stock modifications. Still need help getting things to feed right.

Bringing:
700 LTR in .308
Glock 21C
Couple 870's in case anyone wants to bust clays...
I will not be up until after 10:00

I'm doing my best to make arrangements to get up there. Nobody from W&W has responded to my email about June 11th, so I want to see if I can talk to somebody face to face on Saturday.

I'm 50/50 on getting there Saturday. I'll have a better idea in the next 48hrs.

Maybe...OK almost positive if the moon is in the right phase, the creek don't rise and TEOTWAWKI doesn't happen, and if the gas price doesn't go up too much the weather isn't too bad and the temperature isn't too cold, or too hot, or too humid or too dry and if I get all my stuff packed up and my truck doesn't break down or not start and the grass doesn't start growing too fast or my furnace quit or the electric go off or........

Ok me too!

If my dog lets me go :o

Still bringing:
700 LTR
Glock 21C
Two 870's ('55 28" barrel & '91 x-police trainer 20")
I may chuck the '55 336 in the truck as well.

I will also have some 3D Brand "remanufactured ammunition" in .45 ACP for anyone who wants it, free. Three boxes - 150 rounds 230 gr. It is ball ammo, no jacket.

Yikes! I've been so busy I totally forgot about today. For some reason I didn't get any email notification of the latest posts, either. Sorry, Mike.

The next time I'm free is probably Jamie's meet on June 11.

Well I did not make it until after noon but Geoff and Jamie were there. What fantastic weather, on a Saturday no less with an almost empty range.
There is a pond in the middle-back half of the pistol range and I am not kidding.
I finally got to shoot my new .308 700 LTR and it shoots pretty good. I was surpised to see the 155 gr. Federal Gold Medal Sierra BTHP's shoot better than the 168 gr. but I did shoot all my 168 (all 20 rounds!) while sighting in the rifle.
Thanks to Jamie for manning the spotting scope for me.
I will be working on 200 yards the next time out, maybe even 300 if I am feeling cheeky.
The lads shot my 21C and I am pretty sure they'll both be buying one before the next shoot! We did notice that it takes a manly grip to make sure it feeds reliably but I will not name the person who demonstrated "the wrong way". :p
As always, a nice day turning money into noise.
Mike

PS. Jamie's 30.06 model 70 is really loud. :p

That was one of the most successful days I've had in years.

Sighted in my Mini 14 and Bulgarian SA93. Tested out my Sig 228 15rd mags and did some SD shooting and shot with about a 77% hit ratio. :)

I finally got to shoot my new .308 700 LTR and it shoots pretty good.

It shot better than that. Can we say SUB MOA?????? :D

I got my Winchester zeroed at 100yds and took a few shots at the 200yds targets right after you left. My 175gr Matckings grouped so well I zeroed it in a little more at the 200yd range and put 6rds in a 2inch group on a 3inch Shoot N C target. That stock work Art Eatman suggested really made a difference. My Winchester Model 70 is hands down a MOA rifle. Not bad for a 50yr old gun.

I gotta get up there again and spend the day shooting at the longer ranged now that I've found such an accurate load.

I'm going to look into a new range. Details in a few days..........

Well I did not have the best of shooting days, but at least I was shooting :D

My 625 still has light strike issues, the newly installed Optima sight on my Gold Cup NM shot loose (Although it was accurate) and the front sight on my Commander is loose. But I did zero my new crimson trace sights on the commander, even in bright daylight!

And I did some surgery on my trigger finger courtesy of Mr Pop's AK :(

That Remington shoots nice, but I do not need another rifle :rolleyes: Nor another Glock thank you!

I did get to shoot the dust outta the barrels of some of my guns, regardless of the misfortunes I endured :D

Well now at least I can claim being wounded by an AK, where's my purple heart? I spilled more blood than Kerry did.

And worst of all the lady behind the desk asked if I was over55!!!! :mad:

I did get a $2 discount however :p

Back