WA St. Roll Call!

Huntin' season now. But, when I'm not huntin', you'll find me every weekend up the Sultin Basin. I'll put a TFL on my truck.
dean

Just found this forum. Tacoma.
But, I grew up on Vashon (Burton & Portage), & make it over there often.

Rick

Mill Creek, in south Snohomish county. And Mr. Hansen will be pleased to know that I had a girlfriend on Vashon out on Cove, so I was on the island often for five years. I drove by Vashon Sportsmen's frequently, but never got around to shooting there. Never again will I sit on Fauntleroy extending down onto Alki for 2.5 hours in the broiling sun on a summer Friday after work waiting to get on the ferry. :mad:

G'Day Y'All,

Many of you know me.
My recovery is progressing slowly but surely.
Last week I was fitted for a new brace so that old "turtle shell" is hopefully a thing of the past.

The doctors have given me the go ahead to do a limited amout of shooting. HOORAY! :D

I am trying to organize a once a month Western Washington Forum Shooters get together at Sam's Gun Range on Airport Road in South Everett.

We had a spur of the moment THR shoot earlier this month.

The next one will be Friday, February 4th, 2005.

Aiming (pun intended) for a start time of 3:30 pm.
The last time we went until 7:30 then went for a simple snack/meal right down the road at the 112th St Diner.

We can start earlier if enough people want to and I believe we can stay until 9pm.

Please RSVP here or PM me if you need directions or have any questions.

Hopefully we can get a good turnout and make this a regular event.

I am dropping by the range tomorrow morning to see if I can get a deal on range time for you who are not members.

This is an open invitation to any member of TFL, THR and 1911OG.
Bring your family.
Lady45 and her son P14Enfield will be there too.
It's great place to shoot.
And the more the merrier.

Cheers,

Bear Drury
Edmonds, WA

Dean,

It'll be good to see you again.

Howard will be the RSOthat day. When you get there just tell him that you're there for the Internet shoot with Bear. He'll tell you what the special deal for us will be.

Afterwards we're going down 99 a short hop & skip to Maddox's. It's a Family Restraunt & Bar.

Also looking to get a group to meet up at Puyallup on Saturday.

Say it Proud....

I have been thinking. (Yeah frightning ain't it?)
There seems to be a very large contingent on The Firing Line and The High Road.

Personally I am proud to be associated with both groups.
I suspect that many others feel the same way.

I wonder how many times I have stood next to or walked past a TFL/THR member at once of the local Gunshows and didn;t know it.
Also I think that there are many more good people out there that would be a welcome addition to the furums.

I was wondering if thoseof us who attend the Washington Arms Collectors shows would be willing to meet each other and promote the forums?

I was thinking of a way to identify ourselves.

I was thinking of printing up small pieces of cardstock that simply said "www.thefiringline.com" that could be attached to the WACA name badge?

Or perhaps even a separate "badge" with screen name and forum name?

What say ye?

Is there any interest in this or would y'all rather stay anonymous?

'bout time I found this section... I have been wondering why nobody was ever posting about members getting together! Guess you have to look in the right place first. :rolleyes:
I live in Ballard (seattle) but I am originally from a little postage stamp on the kitsap peninsula- Olalla for those of you on Vashon and in Kitsap. Most people have never heard of it, and I hope it stays that way... I want to move back some day. ;)
So, New events? I shoot regularly at Wades, but I want to try an outdoor range. I have a few rifles and a shotgun that are die'n to run some lead. Any suggestions for a young, but long time shooter looking for a first time with clay targets? Boy, this reads like a personal ad!
Well, pleasure to make all of your acquaintances... now lets get away from these computers, and go shooting together!

Regards,

Craig R.

Let me bump this thread up..

Guys, lets try to do a west side shoot somewhere? I don't have the connections to organize such an event..

But it would be cool for a bunch of us to get together?

Lets show some WA Pride :rolleyes: :D

So, lets get started, anyone know of a place?

I shoot every Friday afternoon at Sam's in south Everett.
It's only 25 yards but you can shoot damg near anything there.
Handguns, shotguns, centerfire rifles.
I can get a group rate if enough people wanted to attend. Just let me know what day.

I also know of a nice gravel pit the other side of Monroe if y'all don't mind driving that far.

Bullseye in Tacoma is a nice place but it's handguns only.

I'd try to attend just about any location this side of the mountains though except Wade's. I've never been treated so rudely anyplace in my life.

Back