Urban Survival?

Im not talking about social programs Im talking about police. Police and prison reform, not reforming the prisioners but reforming our prisons. I dont think prisoners need cable tv and all that crappola but send a man to prison and all you do is make him join another gang. Lots of police and lots of prisons where all you get is a 4 ft cell with the crapper built in and three meals a day. No violence, no rape and no gangs, just nothing. Thats and lots more police, police whose payday don't depend on how many tickets they give.

Having lived in several crime infested neighborhoods including the one I live in now I have to say that gangs are made up of black people, asian people, hispanic people, russians, europeans and yes even the amercian white male. So what. I protect myself, my own and my property. However I am not the law. If I want to protect my neighborhood thats what Ill do, and if I have to join the police academy and become an officer to do it then thats how Ill do it.

Semperknight: Your plan sounds good but in the end you give people the power to be judge jury and executioner. Give people that power and whose to say where it ends and how it gets abused.

Back