Unusual Targets

After about 7 or 8 seconds, it started smoking like the dickens before burning an off purple, the petering out to some funky yellow smoke.
For what it's worth, the rare earth magnets in most hard drives can give off some pretty unhealthy fumes if burned or subjected to extreme temperatures.

went to the dollar store the other day, we piced up a few dozens random cans of soups, sauces and shaving creams

tossed them in the air and shot with 00 buck, lots of fun, the cans were the best, shaving cream not very dramatic

Liquid Gain or Tide containers filled with water if you get a good hit the big plastic lids will go 30 ft in the air .

Cars!!!

Drag it out there, pull the wheels off, shoot it up, put the tires back on and tow to scrap yard for money.

MRS... watches Duck Dynasty, ( too dumb for me ) but I happened to walk in yesterday & momma was embarrassing the grand kids at the bowling alley... a couple of the kids were drinking from bowling pin shaped water bottles... so today I did a search... yup... you can buy them on Amazon by the dozen...

filled with water, or perhaps sand ( for different effects ) they could put a new twist on the bowling pin shoot ???

Couple of "targets" that don't leave a huge mess behind (which tends to get shooting areas closed quickly around here) are OREO cookies and Pool Cue Chalk.

For the OREO's, get a could of bags from the "Clearance Stores" that most baking companies run. Any "Sandwich Cookie" works great. Take any piece of scrap lumber from 1X2 to 2X4 and drill small holes that will hold a coctail toothpick. Space about 6" apart. Set the board up on sawhorses or big rocks. Put a cookie on each toothpick by sticking the exposed tip into the 'frosting' filling. Bring plenty but only eat the ones that are already broken. The birds and squirrels will clean up after your shooting.

Another target that can often be used on public ranges is the pool cue chalk. Get a target that has room to glue a half-dozen of the chalk blocks on it.

When you 'drill one" they burst into a big blue "puff". Again, cleanup is no issue. The chalk is about $0.30 each but if you use them at 200 and 300 yard ranges they tend to last more than just a few shots. Got to hit em to explode em:cool:

Back