Unique Calibers of Low Recoil

I have a Marlin 27 pump rifle in .25-20 for sale now in the classifieds. I don't consider the .25-20 a deer cartridge, but many old timers killed a lot of deer with the .25-20. I cast bullets and reload for it. A .25-20, 87grain hard cast bullet can be driven 1700 to 1900 fps very easily. With the rifle and a peep sight it will manage a 100 yard 5" group, off-hand. Also very little noise.

I also have a Remington 14 pump in .25 Remington (the equivalent would be a .30-30 necked down to a .257 caliber). Brass was once hard to come by, but Graf & Sons is now selling new brass with their name as the head stamp; in .25 and .30 Remington. Mine wears a 50's vintage Weaver scope and shoots 1.5" group with 125 grain Speer Mag points and CFE powder.

The 7mm Mauser fits the bill. A good hunting round and not hard on the shoulder either. Some of the pre model 98 Mausers can be gotten real reasonable too...

Tony

Water-Man said:
6.5x55 Swede. I love my Tikka T3.

I'll throw another vote for the 6.5x55...based on the one I had built, it is the most accurate I've owned.

NWCP said:
The 260 Remington is a low recoiling caliber you won't find in many gun safes.

You'll find one in my safe, along with the aforementioned Swede and a Win M70 264 Win Mag.....just thinking about what my next 6.5 will be......

Nunya

Unique Calibers of Low Recoil
I've hunted with everything from aI've hunted with everything from a 8x56R Hungarian Mannlicher
Low recoil!!!! LOL!!

If you want to be unique, get yourself a T/C Contender. 25-35 Winchester, 30 Harrett, 7-30 Waters, and lots more.
Send your buddy down to Walmart to pick up a couple boxes of that ammo for you.:D
But handloading is necessary for some chamberings, and advisable for others in order to bring out their best in a 'Tender.

Back