Undecided...did Palin change your view?

To reply to the topic of the thread: No, the Palin pick did nothing to help me make up my mind.

McCain made the pick to try to counteract his negatives. It's pretty raw politics, but such is the game.

It doesn't make me worry any less that McCain is more of the same.

With Palin on the ticket, one does not have to hold their nose (quite) to vote for McCain over Obama.

Of those raising the issue of her experience or ability to be president, I'd rather have the less experienced candidate in the VP's seat than in the #1 seat.

Let's also remember those VP's who were shoved onto a ticket and people say "Who?" Like:
- Harry S. Truman
- Theodore Roosevelt (little known outside the N.E. at the time)
- Spiro T. Agnew (Nixon's choice and pretty worthless)

Detractors call her style bullying, intimidating and micromanaging. Proponents say she gets things done and doesn't bandy about the bush (no pun intended).

Compared to Obama, who's supporters repeatedly fail to cite any significant contribution he's made in Congress, Governor Palin has reportedly taken on the corruption in Alaskan politics, the milk producers and the oil companies.

She comes off as honest, direct, determined and a real person who understands average American's struggles.

I think women will identify more with her than the O-Biden ticket. They'll also see the first woman VP - breaking the mould so to speak.

I didn't really care until now...

Before Palin, I looked at it like the lesser of the two evils. I do not believe McCain or Obama are fit for presidency. But I'll invest in our future for a 2012 Sarah Palin Presidency. I think she'll do great.

Not to hijack the thread, maybe this is off topic, but I don't think so. If Palin does get elected VP, then moves on to run for President, I wonder if a Sarah Palin / Ron Paul ticket would work...

Just a thought, but maybe there are a little too different.

Anyways, she definitely has my vote!

If Palin does get elected VP, then moves on to run for President, I wonder if a Sarah Palin / Ron Paul ticket would work...
I think Ron Paul is as old or older than McCain - I'd look for a Sarah Palin / Bobby Jindal ticket.
Bobby will turn out to be a hero in many people's eyes. He spearheaded the safe evacuation of NO from Gustav, He is fighting corruption in his state and more. By the next election he'll be 40 years old and an experienced government leader. Eight years with President Palin and then 8 more as president himself.

This is what I think is going to insure my vote for the republican ticket this time around. So, yes, Sarah's nomination convinced me.

What jimpeel said, my sentiments exactly. I wish more politicians would show the backbone this incredible lady has. She`s what this country needs and hopefully a better shot than Chenney:D

Back