Ugly Lever Action

I don't want one, but I sure don't care if someone else does. It doesn't cost me anything. I will give them credit for thinking outside the box.

One of two things will happen. Either they'll sell a lot of them, or they won't. If they do they'll make more. If they don't, they'll stop making them.

Either one is ok with me.

I think AR's, AK'S, Glocks and XD's are ugly too, but a lot of people don't seem to agree with me.

If you think the plain model is ugly they just came out with a ZOMBIE model! No BS it's real. I just saw it in one of the wholesalers flyers where I work part time. It's black and lime green! YUK.

I am surprised how agressively some people defended their right to have an opinion, while basically telling me to keep mine to myself. Hypocrites!

For those who agree, the main reason I posted (and you can tell I was right by the % of people that agreed) is that most lever gun lovers are traditionalists. Yes, I own a Glock and it is what I carry every day, but my next gun is going to be a S&W .44 or a 1911 .45, Why? Because you can like a gun for it's usefulness, but still appreciate a classic. This gun, hovever, is ugly and does nothing that its predecessors couldn't do.

But, hey, what do I know. I'm just the moron who is taking the scope off my deer rifle and putting peeps back on because the scope just ruins the classic look. (It also takes away from how well it handles in the woods.)

For those who were asking here is a good thread on BBQ guns:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485398&highlight=barbecue+gun

Guv - Judging from your posts that shot I took was not meant for you, or any of the posters who agreed with me, or anyone who disagreed but had some tact. If you read through the thread there were a few shots taken at me just for having an opinion and that's who the barb was intended for. In the future I'll just ignore the comments and take the high road.

No offense taken as far as I'm concerned, sorry you misunderstood my point, no worries! That high road can be a real bugger to take sometimes.:)

I will say this about any 30-30 lever gun, it would be a fearsome defensive weapon with Federal 125gr JHP's!

Wait a minute, Guv...I thought this string was about whether the rifle was pretty. If you want to discuss functionality, maybe it should be in a different thread. :D

Wait a minute, Guv...I thought this string was about whether the rifle was pretty. If you want to discuss functionality, maybe it should be in a different thread.
I do find this quite funny as I have never once seen a person with an actual range report for one of these and nobody ever steers the conversation away from overall appearance and towards actual functionality, I have half a mind to buy one of these just to actually see how it actually behaves.

Really strange

Shooters:
This is a very strange looking gun, but hey some people really like different. Don't know that I'd go out an buy one.
Live well, be safe
Prof Young

I like lever guns. I wouldn't buy one of those, but I have no problem with anyone that wants one.

One thing for sure, slapping a scope on it won't detract from it's looks.

One thing for sure, slapping a scope on it won't detract from it's looks.

That's right-no need to put a receiver sight on it to make it "look" right and to preserve the handling qualities of a lever-action carbine. Looks to be the perfect candidate for a scope-sighted lever-action rifle. Ugh!

Something's wrong with me I'm sure, but I almost like it, in a really ugly puppy sort of way. It pretty much sums up my hatred of tacti-cool looking firearms, but does so while oddly attracting my curiosity. I want a flashlight and laser mounted on it though.........oh and maybe a flamethrower and can opener while I'm at it :D

tactical?

Looks like it came from robo-cop or maybe terminator. I wouldn't want one but I'll tell you this
If we were all the same it would be a real boring place

Wow...ride 'em Cowboy Mall Ranger....wait'll they mount a few flashlights, a grenade launcher, Mr. Coffee and GPS too....I'll sign up then. Rod

Wow...ride 'em Cowboy Mall Ranger....wait'll they mount a few flashlights, a grenade launcher, Mr. Coffee and GPS too....I'll sign up then. Rod

This gun is ugly... but if it had a Mr. Coffee I might have to consider it lol. But seriously, if I wanted a newer more rugged lever action a synthetic stock patterned after the older wood stocks would be light weight and durable and not look as terrible as the collapsible. Maybe a weaver rail on top for optics but this one just goes a bit too far in my opinion.

http://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns-2/alaskan-co-pilot/

This would be my dream modern lever gun. Even if you didn't want the take down version with the scout scope, a non take down with the light weight stock and stainless finish I think is modern and utilitarian enough. To each there own though.

I just saw an ad for Daisy lever-action BB guns that have camo stocks in PINK and regular. We can probably expect a zombie model too.

Back