Ugly Lever Action

That has got to be a joke! It is not real is it. Not funny!:eek::rolleyes::(:mad:

Told the wife that was the next gun I wanted. She said "Uuggh." I then seriously told her that if anyone brought one to my house not to let them in. Might be good to carry in the Yugo (car).

I agree it's a travesty. The only thing that would make it worse is if it had a big AK-type, detachable magazine. :eek:

Been under a rock for a year or so? This same thread pops up about once a month seems like. I'm not offended by it but show up at my place with one and you might not get invited back. I don't like being around people with a severe lack of judgement.

I have seen people try to make a tactical gun out of lever actions and I have seen threads based on that, but I brought it up because it was featured in this month's American Rifleman and I haven't seen a company offer one like that before.
Are you suggesting that the Editors of a major publication have been living under a rock too? Because they seem to think its worth talking about.

In the fugly contest, ranks right up there with the Winchester 1887 shotgun (with beauties like the 66, 73, 76 and 86 etc on his recent resume, what was Oliver W thinking?) and a recent (year?) Rossi I can't quite place.

To be honest, I could see it showing up in a Jean-Claude Van Damme or Steven Segal movie. If either of those guys still made movies. I can see the trailer now... Steven Segal.. part indian, recruited to the CIA he now can't stand during a period abroad, studying martial arts in Japan- now returning back to his boyhood home on the (insert Reservation here) to defend his people against some far-fetched land-baron partnered up with the CIA for some sort of environmentally unfriendly money making scheme that's poisoning his people.

I have seen one at the LGS. It was on the shelf for a couple of weeks then someone bought it. They have not put out another one though.

To each their own. If someone wants steam punk cowboy tactical there is a rifle for them.

I found this Mossberg to be downright OFFENSIVE
All I can say is get over it. It's just stuff. If that bothers you, don't even bother looking at the news, or watching TV, or a movie, or take a vacation, or go out for a meal, etc, etc.

I think Mossberg is missing the boat here. With real Model 94's fetching outrageous prices they should make a no-frills wood stocked 20" rifle and sell it for a reasonable price.

Anybody know who/where the receivers are made?

^ They do, 464 .30-30. I like it and I am in the tiny minority as I actually like the Tactical 464 .30-30. Different strokes.

Quote:
I found this Mossberg to be downright OFFENSIVE

All I can say is get over it. It's just stuff. If that bothers you, don't even bother looking at the news, or watching TV, or a movie, or take a vacation, or go out for a meal, etc, etc.

Yep-each to his own. Tastes are subjective in nature. I'm "old school" enough to not like the looks of a Browning BLR rifle. But what I like or dislike should mean nothing to the guy with an opposing viewpoint. It's a privilege that we have so many guns to choose from in this great country of ours. I can honestly say that I've never been "offended" by the mere appearance of any firearm-though the looks of that Mossberg did make me sort of flinch. :)

The potential for greater ugliness through adding more toys is awesome. My wife says things like this are "cheesey".

The lever action was cutting edge "tactical" stuff in 1865. There must have been traditional folks that had trouble swallowing a lever repeater in place of a flintlock rifle. I'd bet the house that the word "tactical" wasn't a buzz word back then as it is now, but it was designed for rapid fire anti personal use. It's still not an out dated concept 150 years later.

yes you are overreacting...especially since there is already a mossberg bashing thread that's been active for a couple weeks now with little sign of slowing.

Back