triple 7...

i have heard of the black magic,but your right its high dollar.the artical i read on this stuff says if it gets wet it will dry and still shoot.i may end up giving it a try.

mike,
my nose is better.lol.nothin broke but man it hurt.but thats ok cause little buddy went to general hospital before booking.lol.ya fight the pol ice ya bound to get hurt.lol.

oh dude!!! thats cool!have you got one yet?i have tried bear years ago and it was ok but it seemed a little stringy.i'd love to go bear hunting.

Low Key, I store my pictures in a site called "Photo Bucket". If I want to post a pic I go there first and click on the ( IMG) that I want to load and select "copy" . Then I come here and click the little picure above the post and then paste the (IMG) address and it loads the picture when I select Submit Reply. Mike

Kevin, Im in the woods from June until the bow season opens here in mid Oct. playing with the Bear as my wife say's. That has netted me about 500 pics of Bear and many close calls.Had one try to pull me out of my tree stand a few years ago and had many charge me with teeth clacking and blowing air(Wooof sounds) at me. The pic above is a sow with 3 cubs. They are nothing to mess with and can kill a man very quickly. 9 people have been attacked by black bear this year and 6 of them are dead.
Got two here in WV and 4 in Canada over the years. It's not easy when you can't bate them here in WV. I only hunt Bear with a Long Bow and Deer with Bow and Remington during gun season.
Shot a 300 lb. Bear about a week ago but we never did find it. It was a perfect hit with nothing but the fletching showing but it ran in mountain laurel so thick you can't get through it. It rained for 3 days straight and we never did find it. Searched for days with nothing. I have no doubt that it's dead and the other critters will get a good meal before winter. Sure hate to loose one or any critter like that but it happens even with gun hunters.
Didn't mean to get off subject here::rolleyes:
I have to try some of this powder soon, if I can find any!, Mike

Kevin, I did check on the grips but I can't get ahold of that guy. They keep saying his site is down. I did find some "old looking ivory" but they are about $50.00. Mike

yea,there is something wrong with the site but here is his name and #,DON HOLMAN 509-782-3018.COOL GUY TO DEAL WITH AND I LOVE HIS GRIPS.IM GOING TO GET ANOTHER SET FOR MY RUGER WHICH SHOULD BE HERE TODAY.I HAVE TO DRIVE ABOUT 4 HRS AWAY TO EAST TN TO HUNT BEAR AND BOAR WHICH I HAVE NEVER DONE EITHER.THE BOAR HUNT IS COMING!I HAVE WANTED TO DO THAT FOR YEARS.YOU RECKON YOU COULD TAKE ONE (BOAR)WITH A BP PISTOL?THAT WOULD BE COOL.

Kevin, I'll give him a call and see if he can send me some pics. I can't aford anything right now but maybe by the end of this month. It's hell to be on a budget :(
Lot's of Bear and bore in the south part of your state too. My brother is haveing a house built right on the N. Carolina border but in Tenn.He will be moving up from Florida when he retires in a few months.
You should have no problem taking a Bore with the Remington and no problem at all with your new cannon, :D Just be ready to run fast and climb trees like a monkey when your charged :eek: :D

One thing I wanted to mention to you guy's is that less grease may help you also. Found out years ago that more grease just catches more powder residue and that just makes the grease stiffer. I like to just use a dab on my finger on the cylinder pin and face of the cylinder. Then I place a light smear on the star end of the cylinder and on the inside of the frame. Seems to run much smoother to me then when I used a gob of grease on everything. Mike
PS If any of you like moose milk you can try it. Works great as grease and on cleaning patches:
1/3 water
1/3 machinest oil (The only oil that will mix with water)
1/3 dish soap
This stuff turns white and looks like dirty milk.It will slick up anything and clean it up too!

Two of Low Key's Remingtons:"Nothings sooths the savage soul like shooting a C & B 1858 .44 Remington" Except maybe shooting two of them like Low Key, Lol.
new58.jpg
[/IMG]

sidebyside.jpg
[/IMG]

Well,if I Can Find My Camera In All Of My Hunting Gear I'll Post Pic's Of My Rem's And My New Ruger.i Got My Ruger Today And It Nice.i Cant Wait To Get In The Woods With It.

Low Key,
I Noticed That Your Cylinders Dont Have The Rotating Marks On The Sides,are These New Or What Do You Do To Keep This From Happening Cause All Three Of Mine Have Them.

No rotation marks on the cylinders

The cylinders in both guns in those pics are 4 year old cylinders that I bought with my first 58, there are some rotating marks, but they are very slight and don't show up in the pictures. You got me to thinking and I was watching what happens when my gun indexes the cylinder, as I first start to cock the hammer the cylinder stop drops into the frame so there is no contact with the cylinder, it stays there until JUST before the hammer hits full cock and then pops back up to lock the cylinder in place.

I use the safety notches between the nipples to rest the hammer on when I carry so I can carry the full six and I am always very careful when I lower the hammer into the notches.

Kevin, That book will tell you how to adjust that. It's not hard to do but it would take me a while to tell you how to do it here.The modern revolvers have the same problems if they are not adjusted just right.

Low Key, Did the one with the adjustable sights come with the target barrel also? They sure look good side by side like that. Loaded and ready for someone to "make there day":)
Did you get the picture posting worked out? How do these look on your end? , Mike

The pics look great!

I got the target version as is from Cabelas, it was a little more expensive but I like the adjustable sights. I might decide to do some long range work sometime, just for kicks!

I joined Photobucket this morning, but haven't had time to upload anything to them yet. I also tried to post a small pic on the software test forum again this morning, but I still get the same message.

When I get the new 58 done refinishing, you won't recognize it! It's looking good so far. :D

Low Key, Did you make the picture smaller? I'll try it the way your talking about and see what happens, Stay tuned :) That way we will know if it's you or this site having problems.

Lets see what happens:
Well, I get the same thing.:(
"Unable to move, copy file"
It works fine the other way.If you have any problems loading them from the Photo bucket let me know.

I think I have the picture posting thing figured out. Here's a picture of my "rig"
for the my newest pistol. When I'm done refinishing, I'll get another pic posted for an "after". :)
58equipmt.jpg

Hey! That's just like mine but mine is a little more beat up :D My cylinder holder is brown to match my hoslter and I added a leather thong and deer antler button to the holster to keep the gun from coming out when I slide down these mountains. It's always wet in the woods and the mountain sides are steep and dangerous around here. Had my gun fall out twice and now it stays put until Im ready for it.
Looks like the pics are working great for you now. Nice picture too! Mike

Back