Thinking about a Glock19

That must be the PRK. Think I’d move to a more friendly area. Had friends out there that couldn’t stand it any longer so they moved out. Not over gun issues, it’s the taxation. Tax first think later.
family ties, or else, I would not think twice moving to Round Rock Texas. Is PRK people's republic of kalifornia?!! :)

I have to find out what is the waiting period, it was 15 days, but I read it's 10 days, I don't believe that but I cannot verify.

Bought it, Glock 26. 10 days of waiting now. The next thing is ammo!!! Where to start?? I want to buy reloads that are cheaper to shoot.

So far, it's all about which pistol to buy, never stop and think about the ammo. Now what?

:eek:In CA you will have a hard time purchasing online and having it imported. You can do it, but it needs to go through an FFL that is willing to accept the hassel, but they are out there.
Therefore you might be left to purchasing local, and good luck with that because all the shelves are pretty much empty in the usual calibers.

What part of the state are you in, and what is the closest big city?
Commercial reloading places cannot get primers, so reloads might be hard to find.
You might want to check out want ads like Calguns and look for ammunition sales, person to person. But there is a limit on the amount you can purchase at one time.
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=169

Even Cheaper that Dirt was advertising online 9mm for the amazingly low price of 99.00 for 50 rounds!:eek::eek::eek:
Used to be 15.00 for a box of 50 win white!

Now .44 mag is still available, oh well.:D

The only good part of this is that you will be forced to dry fire for practice and what the experts say is 90 percent dry fire and 10 percent live fire is perfect practice!:D
Get some snap caps and extra magazines and practice all your presentation drills, various reloads, moving, taking cover, malfunction drill, etc.
Don't worry about dry firing your glock. No need for snap caps so it will be easier to rack without the hassel of picking up the dummies. They can be for your other drills.

I see you bought the 26 over the 19. Are you in a County where they issue CCW's? Make sure that you are familiar with CA gun laws! You might know them all by the time ammunition is available again!:p

Last edited:
$99 for 50 rounds?

That's why I kept talking about gunsmithing!!! Shooting is out of the question!!! No wonder today the salesman offered me 2 boxes of 9mm FMJ for $25 each and I said no thanks, he looked at me strange!!! He put it on reserve for me if I change my mind!!!

In shooting, guns are not that expensive in the big picture, even for self defense, you need to run like 300 rounds to ensure it's reliable, for $99, it's $600 right there, equal to the price of the gun!!!

I might just wait a few months to buy ammo, I can just sit on the new gun, it's not as if I don't have any. Just new toy.

I see you bought the 26 over the 19. Are you in a County where they issue CCW's? Make sure that you are familiar with CA gun laws! You might know them all by the time ammunition is available again!:p

Yeh, I ended up with the 26. The mag is limited to 10 rounds, why buy a 19? If I really need a bigger mag, it would be illegal, but I think I can buy across state line and it will fit the 26. So really I am not losing anything, but I gain the smaller size.

I did like the feel of 19, it's perfect in my hand. But not only the reason above, I have a perfectly reliable and almost new S&W659 that I legally have 2 14 rounds and one 20 rounds mag I bought long time ago. So I am not dying to have a 19.

Big boss is very supportive on this first one, I wonder how she feel if I try to buy another one ( not Glock)!!!:D:eek:

What is a snap cap?

Snap cap is a dummy round. Some are made out of plastic, and some have a spring in them to soften the blow of the firing pin. I let the stiker fall on an empty chamber on my Kahr's and glocks, but never in my 1911.

but I think I can buy across state line and it will fit the 26.
No, you cannot buy a high capacity magazine across state line and bring it in...legally!

That's why I kept talking about gunsmithing!!!
After the gunsmithing, you'll still have to shoot the same number of rounds to establish reliability--plus you're out the cost of any parts.

The cheapest solution is to shoot a few rounds to diagnose any issues and then go from there. If you do need parts, you can only buy what you need which saves money over buying a bunch of parts based on speculation. Then you can start over working on shooting to establish reliability.

If you don't, then you saved the money on the parts and have a head start on your reliability testing.

Magazine size in the PRK

So I was under the impression that the CA magazine size limit had been slapped down by a federal court. Then again, if one did cross the state line and get one of those HC magazines how r they gonna know you didn’t already have it under a grandfather clause? Just sayin.....

So I was under the impression that the CA magazine size limit had been slapped down by a federal court. Then again, if one did cross the state line and get one of those HC magazines how r they gonna know you didn’t already have it under a grandfather clause? Just sayin.....
Just like the feds knew who was where in DC around the 6th, where they stayed, what flights they were on, and what they bought, especially if it was gun-related.

Thanks to Bank of America credit/debit cards and them reporting everything. This is just the first time they actually fessed up to doing it, and thats just one bank.

What they dont actually know you have, they can easily figure out by what you buy. ;)

Seriously, can I cross the state line to Navada, pay cash and buy the big mag for my Glock 26? Will they sell it to me?

Not if you pay cash, AK103K

Dont bet on it. ;)

Basically, every place you shop these days has multiple cameras at the registers. And now we know that the feds are actively running facial recognition, so I think its safe to assume, its in active use in more places than we are told.

Add to that, if you have a "Real ID" drivers license, they have biometrics there too.

All your devices spy on you now, so theres that too.

And from one article I just read, China has gone "cashless", and theyve been threatening that here for us for decades now. Good chance this kicks it into gear now for us, which is what they have been wanting all along.

Oh, dont look up, "drones". LOL

This aint your Granddaddy's US of A, and in case you havent been paying attention, we havent been "free", for a looong time now. ;)

You cannot legally bring said mag back into California. You can legally purchase them all day long, you just cannot legally bring them back into California.

Seriously, can I cross the state line to Navada, pay cash and buy the big mag for my Glock 26? Will they sell it to me?
Only one way to find out. :)

Id be buying everything you can right now, if I were you. Ammo and mags are all you need with the Glocks. ;)

Bringing high-capacity magazines into California is a felony. There was a court ruling that struck down the 10 round limit for 5 days only, the ruling was stayed (put on ice) after the 5 days. If you were informed, smart and lucky you bought your magazines in the 5 days. Final resolution is pending courts. Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
You could, but if caught they will have what they need to take all your gun rights. Not worth the risk.

Back