The Next Georgia TFL Shoot (May/June)

Hmmm. Raffle, huh? I gotta figure how to do it like the Cajun did with his mule.

The mule was only worth around $100. The Cajun decided to raffle him off; he sold 1,000 tickets at $1 each. The night before the raffle, the mule died. The drawing was held, anyway.

A buddy asked him how he got away with it. The reply was, "Well, after all, there was only one fella knew about it and got mad, and I gave him his money back!"

:), Art

Damn it sensop,now I'm going to have to jump with the 507th :( so that "maybe" I can get out of jumping on the 16th. I hate being the wind dummy. Oh well, I hope I can still make it and if not y'all have fun now y'hear.

Joe, I plan on being there by 8 AM for any who want to start early, but as for now, the gate will be left open with signs for directions. So, get there when you can.

As for you, 11B, ... we ARE going to talk about you if you don't make it.:)

whoo-hoo! AT&T cable internet decided to work tonight at 2:00AM! Tell you what guys, get DSL and don't fool with cable (at least not INSIDE the city). AT&T has been nothing but trouble for the past 3 weeks. Literally down 90-95% of the time.

Anyways, I should be able to make the 16th as well :) I'm surprised there's nothing a little sooner though... oh well. I can't say y'all don't plan ahead ;) Maybe I'll just anounce my next trip to the range just in case there are any takers for a sooner trip. FWIW: 8AM is dedication... It'll be closer to noon before I roll on down there.

Ben

I will be there early. Anyone who wants to get together at Advanced Bullets early on Sat 18 May let me know. I'm game.

Is everyone still on for June 16th? 11B? Hube1236? rkb3119 ... is that you Randy?

I made acquaintance with a Houston County Patrol Deputy this week when he came by to conduct a boat trailer inspection. We got to talking about guns and shooting. He may come too. He said his partner had an MP5 that needed some exercise (Spartacus, you hear that?). I also invited another acquaintance that is a county Detective. He probably won't come, but I invite him regularly anyway.

Looks like I may have to be in Tuscaloosa on the 16th. I do not think I can make it. This is a last minute trip, but right now, I have to go.

BTW:

I forgot to mention to everyone... BRING YOUR CATS! ;)

Ben

[Edited by Ben on 05-26-2001 at 10:01 PM]

I'm probably SOL, for the 16th, but will still try to make it. will not know for sure until the 14th or so. I've got that Army thing going on you know. :D

Alternative ...

Well, I've got a question ... is 10 June a better day for any one else? I can go both days, 10th and 16th. If we can get a couple of guys that can't make it on the 16th, maybe we can have a meet on the 10th also. Hube? Art? Randy? I haven't heard a word from Edmund Rowe, either.

Unless I get a call from my father about some surgery he's gotta have, June 10 is good for me. Both dates are fine. I'm bein' slow on yard work, anyway, so I'll probably be around longer than otherwise. :)

Art

Something just came up, I won't be able to make it to the range this weekend (June 2). It doesn't look like I had a whole lot of people lined up to meet me anyways, so...

Sorry about that.

Ben

[Edited by Ben on 05-30-2001 at 06:57 PM]

Back