The Next Georgia TFL Shoot (May/June)

Yes, BUT ...

There really is no prohibition in the range rules. The problem is that there is a neighborhood nearby. Really near. Even though we were there first, we try not to aggravate the locals unnecessarily. It's not a good location for it.

I may, I say again may be able to make it and will damn sure try. Especially now that Sensop posted the "other" entertainment that's in the area. :D

Sensop, can you give me an address to the range so I can plan my route. I may be coming straight from "work".

Thanks

Pete

Spartacus,

Check email buddy. I withdraw the comments above concerning Class III usage. Normal safety precautions on the range. I was just ruminating out loud. Bring it on, you gun nut!

PJ11B3..., are you coming straight from Ft Benning? If so, it's a straight shot on Hwy 96, via Hwy 80 out of Columbus. At the Hwy 49 Bypass to the left (about three miles out of Fort Valley), Gun Club Road is on the right. Turn on to Gun Club Road (duh!). It's about a mile to the range from that point. Drive to the end of the pavement and keep going on the gravel. Get to the RR tracks, gate is just on the other side. I'll have signs posted.

Sensop, yep I'm coming straight from Benning most likely. Thanks for the info. The SN is kinda long isn't it ;) I'm looking forward to this gathering even more than the last one. Just hope I can weasel my way out that day.

Date?

Since everyone seems to agree that June is better than May how about we choose between Sunday the 10th of June and Saturday the 16th of June. I don't remember seeing anyone having a problem with either of those dates.

What's your vote?

Either is fine by me.

Joe

Earlier is cooler. I plan on being there around 8 AM. But I don't have a one to two hour drive. A start time is a good idea however, because club rules require a locked gate at all times except on days when the public is invited ... like announced matches. Technically, this isn't a match. It is a private shoot of a member and his guests. It would ease the start up greatly if we could all meet within a 30 minute or one hour window. I need to stay at the gate while you all arrive because the range is about a quarter mile in from the gate. How about arrival between 8 and 9 AM? Anyone arriving after that can honk their horn and I will come let them in.

Well, Saturday June 16th works good for me but I seriously doubt I'm going to leave the house at 5am so I can be there at 8.:)

Hopefully you'll be able to hear the bikes little horn sometime around 11.

Joe

I'd prefer the 10th since I'll still be on leave, but I'll try to make do with the 16th. :D

Hope to see all of you there.

I'll just leave the gate open with some temporary signs to the specific range. This is officially the Fort Valley Out Of Towner's Invitational Unlimited Mixed Gun Match. :)

It looks like the 16th of June works for most of us. Let's wait and see if it stays good. 10th is an alternate for now.

Oh boy! Will there be T shirts available that have FVOOTIUMGM on them? Can we have them done in Greek letters?

Tom, I'm starting to think you're just a tad in need of medical attention.;)

Maps can be viewed at Fort Valley Gun Club Map. This is a map drawn in Word 97, don't puke. If anyone has trouble reading it, let me know.

The easiest access to Fort Valley, for those coming down from Atlanta is at Byron (Exit 155, I think). Take Hwy 49 south. The next exit is Hwy 96 (Exit 146). They both get you there if you follow the map. From Benning and points west its a straight shot coming in on Hwy 96. I assume those coming in from the east will either come in on Hwy 96 or via I-75.

Oops! Exit 146 is Hwy 247 Connector, not Hwy 96. As you travel south, the Byron exit is first (Exit 155), the Hwy 247 exit is next (Exit 146) and the Hwy 96 exit is last. I don't know the exit number.

[Edited by sensop on 05-04-2001 at 06:12 PM]

Back