The dumbest reloading thing I'd ever done survey.

I was shocked, to see that listed in the hornady manual, I have both the #8 & #9 and it's the same. Surprisingly, the brass stretched less with that load compared to the 800x or longshot powder. So who knows! Lol were taught to follow the manuals so hopefully they aren't making mistakes! Lol as stated worked up carefully and cautiously to that point and all is good. I've dispatched some critters with that load and it does a number on them!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was shocked, to see that listed in the hornady manual, I have both the #8 & #9 and it's the same. Surprisingly, the brass stretched less with that load compared to the 800x or longshot powder. So who knows! Lol were taught to follow the manuals so hopefully they aren't making mistakes! Lol as stated worked up carefully and cautiously to that point and all is good. I've dispatched some critters with that load and it does a number on them!

I always have problems metering and jamming those flake powders into smaller acp cases;)

Lol I tried metering 800x once through my uni flow measure. Never again, now I use my charge master lol

Dumbest thing

Started powder coating some cast bullets I did. Got them all prepped and into the oven. (old toaster oven) started to bake them, walked away to do something else it was going to be 20 minutes till they were done. Now the temperature setting on the toaster is worn away thought I had it at the correct setting when I came back all I had was a pile of molten junk. Really ticked me off. Oh well melt them down and start over.

Well, it's been 3 months since the last post...I'll bring it back to the top again.
There must be new reports by now.
That must refer to me--since I recently did a reload for an AR where I accidentally grabbed a jug of accurate #7 instead of alliant reloder #7--kaboomed my AR on the first shot.

Not checking the rounds coming out of my Dillon 550 until I had loaded 300 or so rounds. Bullet lube was packing up in the seating die and I ended up with a few hundred .45ACP rounds that had to be pulled down.

The next dumbest thing was to by some Lil'gun powder before I had heard enough reports about how problematic it is...

Tony

The dumbest thing I've ever done was believe what I read in a 'Gun Magazine',
Cost me THOUSANDS of $$$ and wasted years trying to 'Keep Up' with the crap they publish...

I read the whole thread to make sure I had a somewhat original screw-up to share, and I do. Got to the end of sizing and expanding a big freezer bag worth of 9mm and found the expander plug was loose. Oh fiddlesticks! I wonder how long it's been like that...

I think my mistake is still in the running for dumbest of all the reloading mistakes on this thread--unless some of you are holding out?:cool:

Not even close, Stagpanther. Post #7
I disagree--while #7 is an interesting post in terms of natural pyrotechnics with possible hallucinatory outcomes--I still think for a downright actual dumb mistake in the process of reloading itself--mine is still at the top of the list

I'm working on it--I recently managed to drop a fully-charged cartridge into my brass tumbler for cleaning after it got swept up with my spent cases somehow.:eek:

Sat myself down, missed bench, fell backward on some steelframes and got severe pain. When inside and got laughed at by wife and kids.

Returning from the range where I had used a laser bore sighter to get on target with a new scope. I decapped all my brass and dropped it into the drum for it to be wet cleaned with some Dawn and Lemonshine. You guessed it. My bore sighter had been put in the bag with the fired brass and came out all nice and shiney but deader than a doornail.

I bought a Dillion Super Swagger. Using a reamer on a case prep center is still faster and there is no changes or adjustments to be made from one head stamp to another. Thank goodness I got it half price, $65.

Its the only Dillion equipment I own and its pretty much never used

Back