The Dem's & La Raza Not Going To Like This!

Quote:
that has the side effect of disenfranchising voters.
There is nobody out there (citizen wise) without ID. Know anyone yourself? Anybody?

And if there are, the population is so miniscule that the interests of the state in ensuring fair elections far outweighs the purported dienfranchisement.

I love the hypocrisy of the opponents of this measure, primarly Democrats, who are so efficient in organizing their voters but can't possibly get an ID for the poor bum on the street who hasn't been sober enough to vote since LBJ.

WildevenmymommahasadriverslicenseAlaska TM

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gRN59j2QQCVZYwfdLSokUeN1K9hQD90GBCNO0
About 12 Indiana nuns were turned away Tuesday from a polling place by a fellow bride of Christ because they didn't have state or federal identification bearing a photograph.

Sister Julie McGuire said she was forced to turn away her fellow sisters at Saint Mary's Convent in South Bend, across the street from the University of Notre Dame, because they had been told earlier that they would need such an ID to vote.

The nuns, all in their 80s or 90s, didn't get one but came to the precinct anyway.

"One came down this morning, and she was 98, and she said, 'I don't want to go do that,'" Sister McGuire said. Some showed up with outdated passports. None of them drives.

They weren't given provisional ballots because it would be impossible to get them to a motor vehicle branch and back in the 10-day time frame allotted by the law, Sister McGuire said. "You have to remember that some of these ladies don't walk well. They're in wheelchairs or on walkers or electric carts."

Wild: I do know people whose only ID is not a current government issued photo ID.

What I find most disingenuous about your reply is that you expect a political party to supply IDs to voters. It is the job of the state to produce Identification cards for its citizens not that of either party.
Since I first came across voter suppression via misfeasance, its always been excused as protecting the sanctity of the ballot, in inviolability of the electoral process.
It's a load of cr@p each and every time.
This example is typical; as many as 43,000 people disenfranchised to protect the process from the threat of an imaginary crime.
It's a lame argument on its face. How many legitimate voters are we willing to suppress in order to protect the sanctity of the vote? Isn't the sanctity of the process violated more by keeping thousands of voters from the polls than by risking phantom criminals.

This is why conservatism is such a failure in practice. They preach individual liberty, but where the rubber hits the road they give power to the state.

I just don't want to disenfranchise voters.

If people can't produce an ID or obtain one not sure in my opinion they should be voting, the whole idea of a disenfranchised voter is normally in the mind of the losing side.

Sister Julie McGuire said she was forced to turn away her fellow sisters at Saint Mary's Convent in South Bend, across the street from the University of Notre Dame, because they had been told earlier that they would need such an ID to vote.

The nuns, all in their 80s or 90s, didn't get one but came to the precinct anyway.

"One came down this morning, and she was 98, and she said, 'I don't want to go do that,'" Sister McGuire said. Some showed up with outdated passports. None of them drives.

Look at the part I emphasized...they knew and chose not to get one.

And it conveniently gets in the Press:D

What I find most disingenuous about your reply is that you expect a political party to supply IDs to voters. It is the job of the state to produce Identification cards for its citizens not that of either party.

Stop...you are smarter than that, you know what I meant.....

Why didnt the "activists" drive the sweet old nuns down to DMV so they can get an ID? Sister McGuire had one LOL

WildtheexcusesandexcusesAlaska TM

PS

Wild: I do know people whose only ID is not a current government issued photo ID.

Guess they aren't buying guns at the local gun shop are they...or driving....or using a credit card in the Post Office....or opening bank accounts....

Guess they aren't buying guns at the local gun shop are they...or driving....or using a credit card in the Post Office....or opening bank accounts....
I'm not necessarily seeing what any of those have to do with voting, though.

Figured.. but thought I'd ask since it was very odd to include such a specific thing in your ummm persuasive argument.

Give me points...I read your link then started rummaging through my wallet :)

Did I ever mention the time I took my 1st ex wifes Amex and wrote in the sig line with a sharpie "If you are reading this you are helping me rape my ex husband":D

WildandyesigotaletterfromherattybutthejudgethoughtitwasfunnyAlaska TM

Give me points...I read your link then started rummaging through my wallet

Did I ever mention the time I took my 1st ex wifes Amex and wrote in the sig line with a sharpie "If you are reading this you are helping me rape my ex husband"

If you used block letters it shouldn't be too hard to forge. And of course Amex would never send a replacement card within 24 hours. I should HOPE the judge would rule in your favor on that one...

I looked in my wallet.. none of my cards are signed. Well, one is.. but that's because a cashier told me he couldn't accept an unsigned card, so I signed it in front of him.

I don't know if it is still a problem, but I know Chicago (and other places that still have machine politics) voter inconsistencies have occured (which is why I got a laugh when a Chicago mayor was making a stink on national TV about the Florida election being stolen).

Back