The best Revolver you ever owned?

I'll dake my S&W 15-3 any day. Got it uswed from a range going out of business and have never regretted it.
willr

Best? I won't attempt to say. Favorite? An older pre-lock, pre-mim, Mod 67. That's the SS version of the Mod 15, or Combat Masterpiece. It's slightly modded with a pin-on front sight, that I just changed from a black ramp to a FO front sight. I enjoy shooting it more than any other I own...............

The best revolver you ever owned

S&W Model 28 .357 magnum. It is a very accurate revolver, however it will do a number on your ears.

I love revolvers. I have a bunch of S&W's and a Python. I'm a big fan of the 686. The 4" bbl in this pic (top, pointing to the right) is my favorite all-time gun.

The686s_0429130752_zpsca0953a3.jpg

My Model 67 is the one I shoot the most these days. Some 13,000 rounds in the 2 years I've owned it. It's my competition gun for IDPA and ICORE. A "pure fun" gun.

Model%2067_2015-03-09_1857_zps5mfvc5hx.jpg

Too hard to rank best, but this is definitely my favorite. Been by my side for the greater part of two decades now.

m60.jpg

"Best" Revolver?

I have owned and sold many in the past, most of them were Smiths, of which I still own a couple, along with my Ruger Security Sixes and my OM Vaqueros and my Super Blackhawk. I should distinguish between "best" and "current favorite." My best revolvers are my matched set of OM .44 mag Vaqueros, 4 5/8" barrels, stainless, grips rounded to a modified birdshead shape for fast handling, free-spin pawls, action jobs, ect, ect. They flow into my hands, fully tuned they are deadly accurate, point and balance beautifully, and as indestructible as revolvers get. My "favorite" is my recently acquired .44 mag Super Blackhawk, 7 1/2" barrel, blued, Bisely grip. I got it as a "horse pistol" to be fired one-handed, from the saddle. As big and heavy as it is, it points amazingly easily, it handles the hottest magnum loads like they are 44 Specials, and it's very accurate.

4" SS GP100. So good, I bought it twice (stupidly sold the first one). With 158gr. SWC and 5gr. of Titegroup, this gun is extremely accurate and fun to shoot.

For me, the best is a Smith Model 15,

but it's followed by a Model 14 and

then a standard barrel Model 10.

Still, if I decided to go with a .357,
it's be the Smith Model 520 built for the
NY State Police but never adopted.

Dan Wesson .357 15-2
Incredible revolver. I just find accuracy precision and comfort of this gun are great.
Python was sold after starting competing with thecDan Wesson, and money was used in a 308 european presition rifle, also for competing.

For defense..... Ruger .357 service six. Came to replace a Colt Police that I will keep as a very nice old .38 Dick Tracy revolver that I love to shoot

I guess my favorite revolver this week is my S&W 625MG in 45C, had it cut for moon clips and now shoot 45C and 45 acp.:D

Mine has to be my trusted pair of model 28s. I bought my first one used in 1984. It turned out that is was built the same year I was born, 1958.

My second one is a 1973 28-2, almost unfired. I bought it because I was afraid of wearing out my 1958 model, what a joke! I'm not sorry I bought it though, it was almost unfired when I bought it (had 6 rounds shot through it) and it's still waiting it's turn when I retire the 1957. I shot it a few time, you know, just to make sure it worked, you don't believe that do you?

I have a very close runner up, my Model 57 The more I shoot it the more I like it. It's a new comer but it is coming up fast as my favorite of all time.

A toss up between my trusty 1968 vintage Colt Trooper .357-first revolver, my Dan Wesson M-15, in a class by itself, and my S&W M-27 4" nickeled. The latter has an incredibly smooth action.

I'm kinda just getting into revolvers the last couple years and own a handful. I gotta say that my Ruger Security Six is my absolute favorite right now. Very smooth and incredibly accurate.
0a0cfc8475b5911b05b77d78dc32bee5.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1465617308372.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1465617308372.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back