Target 9mm?

Out of production and parts though right?

I showed mine.

But now cz is going tanf bull barrel without bushing.

Just nothing stands out as target work alone.

Meh. As i said, flawed bc they are all great...just amazing? Which current, all i mean

Perhaps it is the extreme and repeated use of S2 and TS and TS2 that is confusing me... either that or there is some misinformation being posted.

The Tac Sport Orange, like the Tac Sport, is discontinued now. Plenty were made, plenty are out to be found, bought and loved.

The Tac Sport 2 comes with the blue aluminum grips. It is in production. It is not a $1,000 pistol. It has a $1,598 MSRP and it's rear sight is fixed.

I've been impressed with the Shadow 2 pistols but they are different guns than the Tac Sport, the TSO and the TS2. And yes, the original Tac Sport, the TSO and the TS2 all share magazines, although the TSO came with aluminum base pads. The Shadow 2 uses different magazines.

I'll admit that I did not realize a Shadow 2 SAO existed -- I guess I'm not sure the draw to that, although if your hands prefer the slimmer Shadow 2 to the Tac Sport/TSO/TS2, maybe that's it.

The upper end Tanfoglio 9mm guns can play in this arena, they are more known and proven in Europe for competition. I have a ~15 year old Witness Elite Match 9mm and this pistol absolutely hangs with my top-end 9mm guns which include the 952, 3566 Limited, PPC-9, and Sig P210-A.

The more high-end, elite, rare, expensive 9mm guns? BAC has those! :D

I said it earlier in the discussion. The faster and easier path to high-end semiautomatic pistol gilt-edged accuracy comes down the path of .45 Auto.

The US Sig P210 target is still a good buy for what you are getting. Good sights, good trigger while not being too light, and really accurate. I bought one, fired about 5 rounds to adjust the sights, and shot 10 standing at 25 yards. This was the result with less than 20 rounds out the pistol. Very happy with the Sig.

52896203509_667648d3f7_z.jpg

I absolutely love my Sig P210 Target, especially now that I've added a RDS to it, for my aging eyes. It's definitely my favorite, and most accurate 9mm to shoot.

Frank

I'll mention a few others that are higher than the price range discussed, but this thread has the interest of other members as well.

I've found the following to be among the absolute most accurate 9mms in the world.

Sig P210 Super Target (My absolute favorite P210's and the best shooters, in my experience)

Smith & Wessom PPC9 (with the Euro version called the Target Champion on the left)

Pardini GT9 (about the smoothest semi auto pistols in the world)

Pheonix Redbacks and Drakes (Swiss precision)

Laugo Alien (Fixed barrel and great ergonomics)

Arma Zeka (Just acquired them and not fully tested, but I'm very impressed so far)

No seriously, look into the H&K USP9 Elite.
Very nice pistol. I’ve got the Euro version with the metal case and jet funnel. As a target gun, I wouldn’t recommend it over a P210A or CZ TSO. The trigger just isn’t on that level, in my opinion.

To each their own, of course.

Just nothing stands out as target work alone.

Meh. As i said, flawed bc they are all great...just amazing? Which current, all i mean

I have read this multiple times, and I still don’t understand what it is supposed to mean.

There are pistols geared towards target shooting and chambered in 9mm. People here have shared a number of them. I’m not sure what definition you’re using for “target work alone”.

I have read this multiple times and I still don’t understand what it is supposed to mean.

There are pistols geared towards target shooting and chambered in 9mm. People here have shared a number of them. I’m not sure what definition you’re using for “target work alone”.

I think he was referring to free pistols, like a Pardini SP or Walther SSP, not realizing the 22 and 9mm are not interchangeable. Those are blowback pistols designed around a weak rimfire round.

There are plenty of true target style 9mms in this thread.

Tombstone targets are 18" wide by 30" tall. I'm not quite sure what all the hand wringing in this thread is about, but any 9mm service pistol with appropriate sights and decent JHPs can hold at least 12" groups at 100 yards. The only ones I have run across that would not were the early M&Ps. But a barrel swap got that fixed up.

The 18x24 inch steel challenge targets are used in 3 gun, for pistol out at 100 to 120 yards at some matches. Easier to hit than a 3" target at 20 yards. I don't own a single 9mm pistol with a retail price over $1k, and all of them, from the Glocks to the 1911s, I'd expect myself to hit a tombstone target at 100 yards at a 100% clip with no time constraints. 5 hits in 5 seconds par time was a standard way back in the beginning of IPSC. About 30% of the match got all of their hits.

Don't worry, he's not confusing the free style build and he mentioned several times the logic wasn't sound :)

Take the Walther GSP 500. https://waltherarms.com/gsp-500-22 Sure. Blowback. But difference is the grip, the sight block, fix barrel, front cocking...and the thing is huge. Nothing quite like that in 9mm. I get it. Totally different design. Recall I said the logical wasn't totally right.

Agree that there are MANY 9mm that are capable and some even easy to do target work.

But look at the original question from the first post. He's asking 2.5" at 100yrds and NOT interested in the race gun features that are more for bullet hose stuff (funnel, gas pedal, TS isn't even adjustable target sights). So is a TS really it? I think there is a market for something truly different than variations of less trigger weight and race options (TS Orange, Green, Purple...all just different funnels and barrel coatings). If it's a 1911, cool. I asked recently about a Colt Gold Cup 9mm vs P210 with the same thoughts in my mind as the original poster.

If Sig was the original internal rail on the P210 that everyone loves on the copied CZ, why not keep the X-Five P226 alive but Sig also build ground up a new P210 like target gun that is more modern? The P210 can't be copied to something more modern? Sure it can. Sig (USA) changed stuff up in the current P210. S&W bring the whatever the magic on the 952 was back to something special. That special gun is just completely missing from the market.

I'm not fighting anyone on if something is capable or great (recall I showed my P226, Q5 SF, Shadow 2 SAO, and Shadow 2 DA/SA). There are just few GT9 or P210 like options. Meh.

Last edited:
One problem is that there are few opportunities for a true target 9mm P.

NRA Precision CAN shoot a 9mm in Centerfire, but the trend has been from .38 Special to just shooting the .45 twice.

ISU/ISSF Centerfire is mostly .32s.

You can shoot a 9mm in CMP EIC Service Pistol and in PPC.
Common in Steel Challenge.

Tombstone targets are 18" wide by 30" tall. I'm not quite sure what all the hand wringing in this thread is about, but any 9mm service pistol with appropriate sights and decent JHPs can hold at least 12" groups at 100 yards. The only ones I have run across that would not were the early M&Ps. But a barrel swap got that fixed up.

The 18x24 inch steel challenge targets are used in 3 gun, for pistol out at 100 to 120 yards at some matches. Easier to hit than a 3" target at 20 yards. I don't own a single 9mm pistol with a retail price over $1k, and all of them, from the Glocks to the 1911s, I'd expect myself to hit a tombstone target at 100 yards at a 100% clip with no time constraints. 5 hits in 5 seconds par time was a standard way back in the beginning of IPSC. About 30% of the match got all of their hits.

I said this earlier in the thread and I still agree with it. The accuracy standard being put forward here doesn’t require any of the pistols mentioned. If someone wants a nicer pistol, more power to them, I’m all for it. But you don’t have to spend $2000 to hit what is being put forward as the goal.

I 100% agree.

I bet it doesn't have to be steel framed either.

My polymer Q5 hangs the same as my Q5 Steel Frame and the Q5 Steel Frame is better in several ways than other steel framed options. Bc of this known fact for me, without having tried it, I'd say confidently a standard PPQ (which mechanically is no different than the Q5) could do this task. That means pretty much a lot of the polymers with an apex trigger or whatever to get at the Walther level could do it.

If you want to reach out to 100 accurately and on a budget, I think that the Walther PPQ and PDP are the way to go.

Honest Outlaw's view on Walther handgun accuracy starting at 11:46 mark -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qfI51XEdQ

Both my Walther PPQ M2 5" and My Walther PDP 4.5" handguns are my most accurate polymer handguns.

X-Five WHAT?
The original X-Five was a high end version of the all metal hammer fired P226, now we have plastic striker X-Fives that seem to be the default reference.

Back