Substantial DEEP concealment

Elliottsdad

If he or she got caught carrying at work, they would definitely lose their job, and most likely go to jail. However, places like his or her work have been the targets of choice for mass shooters frequently.
Theoretically, he or she might consider carrying a firearm anyway, despite the regulations against it. But he or she wants to keep the job, and not go to jail.
Theoretically, if the person wanted to carry deep, deep, deep, but substantially (not a NAA mini), what would his or her best options be? .22 mag Jframe? .32 ACP? How would he or she carry? Ankle?
This is all theoretical, of course.

Last edited:
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, eh?

The least gun I have for carry is a Keltec .32.
It is about invisible in a pocket holster in my khakis.
Don't put anything in with it and get used to it so you don't pull it out inadvertently going for your keys.

There are bra holsters for women.
https://www.flashbangstore.com/prod...MI55T-v6Ou5gIVyEXVCh1k7g1zEAAYASAAEgJsQfD_BwE

Look for Chick Gaylord's book Handgunner's Guide. He put holsters all over. He could go to a police convention, let a cop frisk him and still come up with one or more guns.

If I wanted to carry in a non-permissive (but legal) environment (job/work) and wasn't subject to metal detectors I "think" Smartcarry would work, even if I wasn't a guy:
smartcarry-by-concealed-protection-3-photos-1-3.jpg

Disclaimer: My post for entertainment purposes only. ;)

Far more likely to just be fired rather than charged with a felony. The question is, "Do you ever want to work in that industry/profession again?" Getting fired for cause will end your career.
Iowa says your boss can disallow CCW while on company premises, but there's doesn't appear to be a crime involved. Iowa currently says, no firearms permitted on the grounds of any school though. Pending legislation may change that.
https://www.blr.com/HR-Employment/Health-Safety/Violence-in-the-Workplace-in-Iowa
Also more likely to be shot by frightened LEO if he/she was brandishing the thing during an incident too.
One's ankle is a really bad place to carry a handgun. Far too difficult to get at in a hurry.

I did that for years. Thunderwear with PPK or pocket holster with PPK or Jframe worked very well. Were I to ever need to shop at Brooks Brothers again and become gainfully employed, I'd go with the same mode of carry with a single stack 9mm.

Ive been carrying daily in NPE's for a couple of decades now. The Smart Carry holsters work great, and allow you to easily carry something like a Glock 26 with a 17 reload along, comfortably, for 12-14 hour days, in a very active, physical environment.

Elliottsdad said:
Theoretically, if the person wanted to carry deep, deep, deep, but substantially (not a NAA mini), what would his or her best options be? .22 mag Jframe? .32 ACP? How would he or she carry? Ankle?
Theoretically, I used to know a guy who might (theoretically) have carried a Colt Government 380 in Thunderware (which is essentially the same thing as the "Smartcarry" discussed by CDW4Me in post #4).

For females, I was discussing concealed carry just a couple of days ago with someone who reported that his daughter (a night shift nurse) and most of her colleagues may (theoretically) carry in the bra equivalent of the Smartcarry. He didn't provide any statistics as to caliber or size of firearm, but I would imagine something like a small Kel-Tec polymer, single-stack .380.

http://handgunpodcast.com/best-bra-holster

https://www.gungoddess.com/products/flashbang-bra-holster

First, the obvious advice. Don't do anything illegal. Don't do something that could substantially jeopardize your life or career.

Beyond that, the main considerations are what you wear and what kinds of physical demands you have on the job. That'll set the parameters for what you can reasonably conceal.

If you can carry a J-frame or an LCR, that's a solid option. Since size is the same, you can dismiss the idea of rimfire. Choose caliber based on the most power you can comfortably shoot well.

Aside from NAA Minis, the smallest pistols out there in terms of dimensions are, Seecamp 32, P32, P3AT, Pico, & LCP I. P32 is the lightest of the bunch. Toss it in a pocket holster and stuff it in the back pocket of a pair of jeans.

If he or she got caught carrying at work, they would definitely lose their job, and most likely go to jail. However, places like his or her work have been the targets of choice for mass shooters frequently.
Theoretically, he or she might consider carrying a firearm anyway, despite the regulations against it. But he or she wants to keep the job, and not go to jail.
Not sure where 'carrying at work' would be jail....Unless in a Government or public school...BUT carrying at a private business, doesn't mean jail..Private business'.

BUT, good holster and a Glock44->:eek:

Not advocating anything illegal but pretty sure a 'few' teachers CCW with an ankle holster with trousers long enough so no printing when they sit down or women teachers in their purse/bag...

Bugs me to no end that my grand daughter's small grade school(K-5, about 300 students) is so 'soft', with no "RO"...in the middle of a neighborhood...

What's the dress code? Blue jeans are a lot easier to work with than dress pants.

How many rounds? I've got a 38 Special derringer that's so small you forget it's there, but it's only got 2 shots and reloads aren't easy.

AK103K said:
Not to get off-topic here, but if a "law" violates your "rights", isnt it your duty to violate the law and exercise your right?
Laws are laws, and should not be put in quotation marks as if they aren't real. If a duly enacted law violates your rights, IMHO your duty is to obey the law while doing everything in your power to get that law rescinded or revised.

The rules of this forum prohibit advocating unlawful acts. Please remember that.

Laws are laws, and should not be put in quotation marks as if they aren't real. If a duly enacted law violates your rights, IMHO your duty is to obey the law while doing everything in your power to get that law rescinded or revised.

The rules of this forum prohibit advocating unlawful acts. Please remember that.
No doubt you should and do try to make things right, but when you consider that the powers that be continue to violate our rights, with technically illegal laws, what are you supposed to do? Weve been dealing with such gun laws for almost a century now, and here we are.

And as far as the forum rules, not trying to step on them, but just in this thread, even the "staff" are tip toeing around them. ;)

Back