So If.......

Originally Posted by Mike38
This is assuming that greater than 10 round mags will be banned, as in turn them all in? I doubt that would ever happen. Current, legally owned greater than 10 round mags would surly be "grandfathered in".

Don't bet the farm on that. That's exactly what "they" are now talking about.

Doubtful it would happen. What may happen is a reintroduction of the 94 assault weapons / high capacity mag ban of manufacture. We were able to keep mags back then. The government, Federal down to village, does not have the resources and funds to go door to door for inspections.

Originally Posted by Mike38
Anyhow, very few concealed carry handguns have a capacity greater than 10, or am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.

I just Googled "top 10 concealed carry handguns". The first web site was Top 12. Not a one held more than 10 rounds.

Still have some 10 round Glock 23 mags from last foolishness. So would probably go that route.

Carry a Glock 43 in warm weather so no need to change. Or at least till they decide to ban these also:(

I have several choices I could go to if we were limited to 10-rd mags, however, since I already have decades of experience carrying a 1911, I'd likely go ahead and carry my 1911 commander in 9mm, or my Shield9.

Star Ultrastar M205 in .40S&W would probably end up as EDC...
205-Interarms-L.jpg

Doubtful it would happen. What may happen is a reintroduction of the 94 assault weapons / high capacity mag ban of manufacture. We were able to keep mags back then.
Don't bet the farm on grandfathering. The antis learned from their "mistakes" in 1994. They are wrong, but they aren't all dumb.

I rotate between a LCP, P64, 1911, or Springfield XD sub compact 9mm. The only one it would affect would be the XD. IF they wouldn't grandfather in mags over 10, I'd pin or block them to lower the capacity. But fingers crossed I'll never have to worry about it.

Several not impacted, several reverting to 1911, several going to something like a small Glock, some going (or staying) revolver.
A good mix.
Denis

Wouldnt need to change much, seeing how I currently carry a 1911. But I would probably look into some other 9mm options. Maybe a Sig P225, or another Colt 1911 in 9mm. If i stuck with 45acp a Sig P220.

Wouldn’t really affect me.

My daily carry is usually one of 3 revolvers:

SP101 in .327 Federal, 6 rounds
GP100 in .357 Mag, 6 rounds
NAA Mini in .22 Mag, 5 rounds

Every once in a while, I change things up and carry a full-size 1911, 7/8 rounds.

I pack around (and pocket carry) a G27. Sometimes I put the +2 extension on it, but in stock form it's 9+1. But...Trump isn't going to pass anything resembling a ban or restriction.

I carried a 6+1, compact .45 for many years, but I've switched to a 7+1, very compact 9mm.
The .45 was big and very heavy for a "compact", and ammo advancements have made me more confident in calibers that don't start with "4".
I've never carried a gun with a capacity greater than 8+1, so capacity limits have never played a part in choices.

we've seen where this went

Back in the days when the mag capacity law was in effect, I think there was a distinct trend towards the .45 acp, and the 1911 pistol and variants as well. There are now many makers of the old Colt, even though it is well past its 100th birthday.

Were we to be legislated again, I predict a resurgence in .45 acp and single stack designs as well. For me, I'd likely go with my Browning HP in .40, a 10+1 pistol.

My current ccw's don't even hold ten: My Beretta Pico and my Springfield XDS. No reason to change them. Now if I wanted to carry a full size pistol with a 10rd capacity, I'd want something light/polymer, most likely a glock 17.

Back