So If.......

10 + 1 X 2

One of my hunting buddies, just bought a SCCY-2, 9mm. Comes with two mags. Ten in the mag and one in the tube. ..... ;)

There are others that fit the bill as well .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Was curious to see how many might revert to either a 1911 or a revolver.

I'm one of at least a few. I love my revolvers but when wardrobe constraints aren't an issue, it's just too hard to justify six or seven versus fourteen or more. Magazine laws change the economics of that decision and work as a sort of subsidy for wheel guns and the like.

I would have more of an incentive to carry .45 but would likely stick to the single stack 9mm's I currently ccw.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

It should come to 10-round max mag capacity legislation, what would you choose for concealed daily carry?
If you could not go higher than a 10-round mag, what would you go to?

(PLEASE- NO POLITICALS, JUST STICK TO THE QUESTION. :) )
Denis

Daily carry already under that limit.

Or, load up on 9 round short mags for my XD40 subcompact.

Please don't mention you will disobey a law.

Not a good idea online.

Last edited:
Glock 26....it's already my carry gun. If our"betters" decide we need less than that, I might get a .44 Magnum carry gun just out on spite.

Statistically speaking, the probability of having to use more than 3 rounds during a self-defense situation is highly unlikely in our country today. I'm not offering that up as a disarming comfort, just an understanding of what the average person "usually" faces when forced to defend.

I've been doing a bit of reading lately and decided that while I like carrying a mid-capacity gun, Taurus G2, I recently purchased a single stack, 7 round Taurus 709 to lighten the load . I always carry an extra magazine, never think of walking out the door with just the gun. So far my strategy is fairly simplistic; if I'm going to be out most of the day, I'll carry the G2. If I'm running in and out on a quick errand, the 709 should fit that need. We'll see how that goes for a while.

Sorry you have to make these considerations. I really thought that things would go a bit smoother for us all for a while.

My sweet spot for carry is already 7-10 shot autos. I very rarely carry my 14rd CZ75 Compact. My Walther P99C is the cat's pajamas for me, a very sweet shooter!

I like a chance to shoot the new SIG P365; 10 round mag in a single stack sized gun; otherwise my G26. Kahr, J frame, and on and on

The only gun I have that has a magazine that holds over 10 rounds is my CZ75b.
It came with one 15 and one 10 round magazine back in the Clint** era.

I would vigorously oppose any and all legislation that would attempt to lower the magazine capacity of anything - mainly because it desn't effect me directly.

What does have a direct effect on me is:

It was tried before - it's been in effect in a lot of places for years & guess what?

The overall situation of violent use of a firearm against masses of people has just gotten worse.

There's a well know rule in troubleshooting that says, "restore to the last known working condition". This is what we should be fighting for.
Get rid of all the bad laws that have been written since these mass shootings began.

Statistically speaking, the probability of having to use more than 3 rounds during a self-defense situation is highly unlikely in our country today.
But trending to the need for more I'm sure. Probably not much short term "statistical" evidence, but with multiple assailant car jackings, knockout games, home invasions, and at times civil unrest, it might be approaching a time of the more rounds, the better.
I have up to now been fully in the 5 or 6 is enough camp. But have recently questioned that view.

It should come to 10-round max mag capacity legislation, what would you choose for concealed daily carry?
If you could not go higher than a 10-round mag, what would you go to?

This is assuming that greater than 10 round mags will be banned, as in turn them all in? I doubt that would ever happen. Current, legally owned greater than 10 round mags would surly be "grandfathered in". Anyhow, very few concealed carry handguns have a capacity greater than 10, or am I wrong? Such law wouldn't affect me, of the two handguns that I do carry, depending on outer garments, have a capacity of 5 or 9.

Mike38 said:
This is assuming that greater than 10 round mags will be banned, as in turn them all in? I doubt that would ever happen. Current, legally owned greater than 10 round mags would surly be "grandfathered in".
Don't bet the farm on that. That's exactly what "they" are now talking about.

Mike38 said:
Anyhow, very few concealed carry handguns have a capacity greater than 10, or am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong.

Anyhow, very few concealed carry handguns have a capacity greater than 10, or am I wrong?
Glock 19 is a very popular concealed carry choice. A couple things to keep in mind. Maybe some of the more svelte body types might not be able to conceal as well, but most people can.
2."Printing" with a larger firearm is more noticeable to the person carrying then gun, and checking for printing that everybody you mighpt be in silght of in public.

^^^^^^

My Sig Sauer P320 Compact RX / 15 + 1
There are a lot of carry guns with capacity over 10
Sig Sauer P365 12 + 1
Most Double Stacks...Etc. etc..

Mackie244 / Bud

Back