Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

I could never stand the hinged triggers. However I just got a p365 and see no real benefit to changing again. But I think it will be a great option for a lot of shooter.

Last edited:
I welcome it,of course.

I'm wondering how its different than the M+P 9C ? The M+P 9C is not far off from a double stack Shield.

I see the Shield (single stack) more as in he class of the Glock 43.

And,FWIW, I think they all are great choices!! .Its what suits you. Yes,the M+P 9 C feels better in my 5 finger hamburger clamp than the Shield does.
But with all due respect for the 1911,a 45 ACP Shield (Original and 2.0) offers the same cartridge and magazine capacity as a 1911 (original mag) in a slim,what? 18 oz? package? OK,in a Shield,I'd probably go 9mm,but just making a point.And not long ago Sheilds were commonly in stock for under $400
That being said,We have a LOT of great choices in personal EDC options.!
That is,if they are in stock.

I’m curious if they’ll still make the original given the amount of crossover. My guess is they will and it will be reduced in cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all seriousness, everything written so far about the Plus has been worthless.

Is it the exact same size as the current Shield? Every review has mentioned the P365. Where are the pics? If it is the same size as the Shield, the P365 is significantly smaller.

Or is this entirely different than the current shield in size? No idea. Have read 3 reviews that were quite long. Still no idea.

Meh, I just got a brand new Performance Center M&P40 Shield 1.0 back in January, and I'm satisfied with it. 7+1 rounds of .40 S&W is adequate for my needs, and with so many politicians lobbying for a reinstatement of the Assault Weapons Ban, I'm not going to buy a new carry gun which holds more than 10 rounds by default, I'd rather carry a subcompact that holds 10 rounds flush-fitting magazines, but can take full-size magazines like the M&P40c.

That being said, if they release an M&P40 Shield PLUS that holds 10 rounds, then I'll consider it, but seeing as S&W usually likes to design their pistols for .40 S&W first, then modify it for 9mm Luger since that works better than the opposite approach, so I doubt that there will be a .40 S&W variant released down the line, but I'm okay with that.

If I really wanted my Shield to hold more rounds in the magazine, then I'd buy a Magguts Kit and an extended baseplate.

I saw a spec sheet on a similar thread over at THR, and it says that this Shield has a 10# trigger. That might just be a deal-breaker for me.

Are you sure that’s not a state compliant model? The one in the video I linked came in at just under 5 lb.

No, I'm not sure about that at all. In fact, now that you mention it, only a couple of the models in the spec sheet say "10 lb trigger."

Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

I think that’s a bit of a stretch, but if you want to conclude that you’re welcome to do so.

So the options this is going to be competing against(micro 9’s):

Sig P365(and variants)
Glock 43X & 48
Springfield Hellcat
Keltec P11(not popular but still around)
Ruger Max-9

Not a single reviewer has the guts to stick it next to a P365 and snap a picture? :)
you mean like handgun hero will let you

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-smith-wesson-m-p-9-shield-plus

Like this
attachment.php

attachment.php

I happen to like the hinged trigger in all three of my Shields, 9,40 and 45. The gun and trigger fit my hand perfectly. Despite the fact that on the 365 both the straight and curved trigger pinch my finger, I just bought a 365XL mostly for the increased capacity over the Shield. Had I known about the Shield Plus, I would have bought one of those. Oh well, there's always next month.:)

Back