Smith and Wesson serial number search

Pre-Model 15

Hi guys. Approximate date on a pre-Model 15 five-screw, serial # 1205xx ?

PS-I ordered Supica's book but have to wait for Amazon to ship it! :) Thanks so much in advance.

S&W model 14-3

Hello all.
I have a S&W model 14-3. Says "38 S&W Special CTG" on the barrel. 10 inch barrel and beautiful red wood handle (maybe cherry) with small gold S&W circle logo inlays on either side. My father gave me this gun that his father gave him. I've been searching all over for some serial number data for this handgun but to no avail.

The model number in the yoke area reads 14-3 and it has two other different numbers and I'm not sure which is the serial. One is a seven digit alphanumeric, and the other is 5 digits numbers only.

First # is: 3K46***
Second # is: 997**

I would like to know how old this gun is. Maybe a ballpark range of what it could be worth. It's got some holster wear on the barrel and the cylinder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because my father is no longer around to tell me the story of this gun and i would like to be able to tell my son something about the weapon.

THanks in advance!!

First # is: 3K46***
As someone else stated = 1972.
Model 14's are outstanding target guns. Value, of course, depends on condition. With minor wear I would guess about $400.

I was wondering if someone could get the production year for sw serial number 680xx.
It's a .32 snubnose that my old man has owned for at least 40 years.
S&W reused the same serial numbers on different models over the years. That said, take the serial number off the bottom of the frames grip butt and include any letters with it. Is it a 5 shot or 6 and does the cylinder swing out like a modern revolver?

7k 32xxx with a 6inch barrel year and value please
1975. With minor wear, no box or accesories... ~$450.

Jim

S&W reused the same serial numbers on different models over the years. That said, take the serial number off the bottom of the frames grip butt and include any letters with it. Is it a 5 shot or 6 and does the cylinder swing out like a modern revolver?

There are no letters, just 629034. It is a 6 shot and the cylinder does swing out. Thanks!

Edited for serial. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was given the wrong number.

There are no letters, just 629034. It is a 6 shot and the cylinder does swing out.
Okay, the serial number puts it around 1955/56.

I'm not 100% positive on this but...
If it has a round butt grip frame it's a .32 Hand Ejector (pre model 30).
If it has a square butt grip frame it's a .32 Regulation Police (pre model 31).

Jim
SWBUTTS.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, the serial number puts it around 1955/56.

I'm not 100% positive on this but...
If it has a round butt grip frame it's a .32 Hand Ejector (pre model 30).
If it has a square butt grip frame it's a .32 Regulation Police (pre model 31).

Jim

Thank you very much! You've been very helpful.

S&W 10-5

Can someone give me an approximate age and Value of a S&W Model 10-5 SN#D2340XX. It has a 2" Barrell and is in Excellent shape with Original Box. Thanks in advance for any help.

Back