Smith and Wesson serial number search

Model 37, Square butt, 3" barrel. Blued. Pinned but not recessed. S/N 613XXX

80 year old woman owns it, and just last week got her Florida CCW in the mail. Cooler'n heck.

question about an old s&w 38

i ran across an old S&W 38 breakopen with serial nbr on the bottom of 211581*. i think it was made around 1910. wondering if anyone can tell me what i can find out about it from the serial number please.
thanks

i ran across an old S&W 38 breakopen with serial nbr on the bottom of 211581
Does it have an exposed hammer or concealed hammer?
If concealed it's a 38 Safety Hammerless 4th Model. SN's ran from 116003 in 1898 to 220000 in 1907.
If exposed hammer then it's a 38 Double Action 3rd Model. SN's ran from 119001 in 1884 to 322700 in 1895.

28-2 4 inch SN# N1887xx

Jim

Hey everyone. Just looking for some help on a 19-4, 4" Nickel I just picked up today. SN - 118Kxxx Can anyone point in me in the right direction for year of production? Thanks in advance!

Model 10 Vintage???

Hey, Gang. I am brand new to the firearms world so I am flying a little blind, but I recently came across what I have been told is a Model 10. The serial number is V 4082xx. This is stamped on the bottom, and on the cylinder. There is also a number on the metal piece that is revealed when the cylinder is opened (58969). I have no idea what that number is for.

My research leads me to think it might be a 40s era "Victory" series. Does that make sense? The front sight is a half moon, not a ramp style. I was told that this means it is at least pre-1952. What's throwing me off are the grips. They are plastic, sort of a faux-ivory look. I wouldn't expect plastic on a gun from the 40s, but I may be way off base. They would be awesome if they were actually ivory.

Anyway, can you folks nail down the vintage with this info? I'm only mildly interested in the dollar value as this gun has plenty of wear. It doesn't look abused, but it is far from mint. What do you all think?

Chris

serial number is V 4082xx
While it is a 38 Military & Police, the "V" prefix identifies it as a "Victory" model. They were made during WWII for the military.
SN's ran from V1 in 1942 to V769000 in 1944.
The grips are not original. Value depends heavily on condition.

The 38 Military & Police became the model 10 when S&W began assigning model numbers around 1957.

Jim

This seems to be just the thread I need.

I just put some money down to hold a used 442 (basically brand new, offered for $325), but this model doesn't say airweight on it and it has the old chlinder stop, so I'm curious to find out a little on its origins.

Serial is BPJ2xxx

Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Serial is BPJ2xxx
Early 1993 production had "Airweight" on the barrel. Late 1993 the word Airweight was eliminated. In early 94 the word Airweight was returned, laser engraved on the sideplate.

Jim

Back