Small .22 handguns

American Arms also produced the same pistol as the I.J., called the PX22 for a short while. Not as small and sleek as the Walther TPH, but smaller than a PPK. Neat pistols, fun to shoot.

My favorite is the Beretta Bobcat. It was the nicest one I ever had and I used to carry it as a backup when I was a patrol officer.

These turn up from time to time. Had this one since 1987 or so. Very reliable with high speed ammo. Jams with regular velocity. Truly compact.

standard.jpg

For a very small used 22lr pistol, I can recommend the Wilkinson Arms Sherry. Very small. Picked one up for $350 a while back so not cheap but pretty cool.

3.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

That Wilkerson is pretty cool and very similar to the old Colts. Does Wilkerson Arms have any relationship to the author who is deceased now? He was a big Colt guy.

It's Wilkinson and not Wilkerson. FWIW Wilkinson Arms is perhaps best known for the Linda pistol and the closely related Terry carbine.

Dunno about the author thing. :)

OcelotZ3, cool pistol, I've never seen one close up. :cool:

Last edited:
My Ruger Single-Six Hunter is a lot of fun. It also came with an extra 22 mag cylinder --- I topped it off with a silver Nikon 2x pistol scope. I don't think Ruger sells that exact model anymore, but there are some for sale on GunBroker. Ruger has an excellent repair shop, with wait times minimal.

Oh boy, sure hope the Evil Gun Shop Lady doesn't put one of those up on her facebook page!:eek:
Missed a Walther TPH a while back when I couldn't check facebook for a couple days.
Her prices are usually a lot better than the online gun sites, plus no shipping, or transfer fee.

Hell yes! The little Berreta is the best choice flawless dependability small and light,. Holds plenty bullets too!
Not too expensive either.

Beretta

I beg to differ about the Beretta. I could not get that little gun to empty a magazine without a jam. I must have tried a dozen types of .22LR ammo.
It was a frustrating experience. I gave the gun to my son. It lives in his gunsafe

I owned a Ruger Bearcat....a very nice little gun. Reliable and well made. I found it a bit heavy for my tastes. I ended up with a S&W 317 Airlite. Have had that for years now. Very happy with it. Reliable and very light.
Pete

Last edited:
Have the Taurus TCP and the HP22 Nickel, LIKE the HP22 better to carry (in a Sticky Holster). Comes out of the IWB better than the TCP.

Same Sticky Holster (SM-2) fits both guns.

That photo is one I grabbed off the web because it shows the size pretty well. Mine is the all black version vs. two tone. But it is a very nice little 22lr pistol.

Back