Signature pistol

Duke Nukem....

What sidearms did Duke Nukem from the US video games use?

I know "Solid Snake" from the popular Metal Gear series used a HK23 SOCOM .45acp pistol. :D

Clyde
PS I read the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell books but didnt play the video games so Im not sure what "Sam Fisher" used most.

Four Navy colts like Outlaw of Josey Wales. Except mine would be double action, cartridge conversions somehow. Also just like in the movies they would only run out of ammo when it was time for me to kick butt mano y mano. :p

Are we only talking about weapons that actually exist? If not, I'd take a Star Wars type energy weapon which has no recoil and holds an incredible amount of shots.

If we are talking about weapons that exist, I really like the STI Apeiro!
Apeiro_1a.jpg

I am a super hero and I choose a Glock 17. If for no other reason I cant imagine a "which gun thread" where a Glock isnt mentioned in the first two pages.

Chief Warrant Officer SPEMack would carry a Colt Delta Elite...because Delta Force!

High profile Novak sights, Wilson Pro-Combat mags with the extended floor plates, and all the other goodies of a high end gussied up Government Model.

High hip strong side carry in brown Galco leather, matching dual mag pouch on the other side.

On my trauma plate, as a back up, I'd carry a Glock 19.

I'd also wear a dirty Atlanta Braves hat all the time with my CWO bar pinned to it.

"I'd also wear a dirty Atlanta Braves hat all the time with my CWO bar pinned to it."
That would be awesome until late Sept and Oct.

If we are talking totally impractical I would have a buntline style .500 S&W with a detachable butt stock with an IR scope. The 18" barrel should be long enough to hang a 40mm grenade launcher for those stubborn Zombies

I have several aspects...

In my 'gentleman detective' personal (somewhere between Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot) I would carry one of these:
Astra Falcon (7.65mm). Simply because they look cool and nearly no one knows what they are. As the attached picture suggests, I do not have one of these yet, but I'm looking.

In the real world, I would probably fall back to my primary 'serious' pistol: A slightly altered Government Model in .45. This one is mine and we get along nicely.

Attachments

• Engraved Astra Falcon.jpg
    Engraved Astra Falcon.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Serious Government Model.JPG
    Serious Government Model.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 42
I'd want one of those little NAA .22mag revolvers with a custom 16" barrel, one of those giant 80's laser sights, and the biggest flashlight I could find (think maglight4D) mounted underneath.
And I'd gold plate/paint everything.

Useless? Almost certainly.
Memorable? Absolutely.

Last edited:
Back