Sig Sauer P210

I have one. It is fantastic for the money. Great trigger and sights. The gun is super tight with beautiful fit and finish. Mine loves 115 grain FMJ rounds and will shoot groups far tighter than I can. For the money, you can’t beat this gun.

Welcome to TFL Troop362 , That is a great looking gun . I hear they are so hard to find they are selling for $500+ over the retail price .

mk77ss : what kind of sights are they ? just 3 dot , night sights , red or green ?

This is the only handgun I feel the urge for. I can't find one locally to look at and when I ask about one in a shop, I get a strange look. None have even known what I was speaking of.

Nah, just the real deal for me...I wasn’t impressed with the P210A. I do like the German Legend models built in the Mastershop, but Sig America doesn’t build stuff to that quality level. In my opinion, either pony up for the real thing or buy something else. A CZ TS will give you the same performance for even less if accuracy is your goal.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome Troop362. I assume you're asking about the 210A, American version.
If so, I'll mention that I bought mine off Gun Broker, and have had it for about a year now. My example is precisely fitted, nicely finished, and has an approx 3 1/4# trigger. Couple things I really like about the American gun are the button magazine release and beavertail type grip frame. No struggling with a heel mounted magazine release, and no bloodshed due to hammer bite:) I have Swiss and German versions for comparison, and consider the 210A to be very nice pistol for the money. Looks like current GB prices on the American guns are not a lot different than a year ago.

Beautiful Swiss 210s there bac.

I've had mine for a couple of months. Prefer shooting it to my X-5. Had Swiss model p210, nice but not better than the new US made p210 Target. My opinion. Also have CZ TS, I shoot the p210 better. Love both of them.

I've had mine for a couple of months. Prefer shooting it to my X-5. Had Swiss model p210, nice but not better than the new US made p210 Target. My opinion. Also have CZ TS, I shoot the p210 better. Love both of them.

Well they may not shoot any better, but the older Swiss guns use no MIM parts and are extremely durable using the best tool steel around. They were among the most durable military semi autos ever produced. The hotter the ammo, the better they seem to perform.

The P210A is a good option for those wanting a P210 style gun for not a lot of money. For that purpose, I can see its appeal. I get the lower quality parts, but I still think Sig America should have left the design alone, even if they had to charge a slight bit more. The P210A locking block looks ridiculous, in my opinion. It ruins the elegant looks of the P210 design. The front cocking serrations finish it off. Terrible.

I thought about getting one to add to my Swiss and German models, but it just doesn't feel like a P210 to me, between the fitting and the design alterations.

On different terms, the P210A is built much like a P226 Elite. While the P210 Legend is built like the P226 X-Five from the Mastershop. They are on two different playing fields. That's not to say that accuracy isn't similar or the same, but there are definitely differences. Of course, at $1400, people don't mind so much.

Last edited:
Got a 210A from Buds, and am well pleased with it's accuracy. Easily as accurate as a M49 owned. The trigger is a 2 stage with an extremely light second stage, and wise to let your fingers warm up before attempting to separately use the second stage. Also appreciate the finish, which wears better than bluing. The grip, while well fitted and made, is rather large. However am not used to "target" grips. Pistol came sighted in from the factory, with the sights aligned and centered from the factory.

bac1023: said:
A CZ TS will give you the same performance for even less if accuracy is your goal.

I like your collection, but your comment confirmed what I was thinking anyway. I currently have only one new production Sig in my collection now, an M11-A1, which I like a lot. But if I wanted another accurate 9mm range gun, it would have to be a CZ.

An actual classic 210 was on Gunbroker about four months ago.

It might have had the Swiss crest (or shield) stamped on the slide.

Its a shield on the top strap in front of the rear sight. Its only on the older military and early commercial models.

Got a 210A from Buds, and am well pleased with it's accuracy. Easily as accurate as a M49 owned. The trigger is a 2 stage with an extremely light second stage, and wise to let your fingers warm up before attempting to separately use the second stage. Also appreciate the finish, which wears better than bluing. The grip, while well fitted and made, is rather large. However am not used to "target" grips. Pistol came sighted in from the factory, with the sights aligned and centered from the factory.

Yes, the P210A does have a nice trigger. Its on par with the German Legend and the Swiss Target models from my experience.

Should have a better trigger than an old M49, which is a military spec gun.

I like your collection, but your comment confirmed what I was thinking anyway. I currently have only one new production Sig in my collection now, an M11-A1, which I like a lot. But if I wanted another accurate 9mm range gun, it would have to be a CZ.

Yep. I've got a CZ 75 Champion and TS. They both shoot on par with any P210 I've ever owned or shot. That includes a German Super Target. Not saying they can match an older Swiss P210-6 in a ransom rest at 50 meters, but its close enough.

I like the P210 for its history, manufacturing standards, strength, durability, and just the sheer quality of the components, especially the old forged models from the later 60's through the early 80's. I love the performance also, but you can get that with plenty of other pistols.

The accuracy isn't really the reason I love the P210, hence I have zero use or desire for the P210A. Not saying its a bad gun. It just lacks the attributes that draw me to the P210. In some ways, I feel the same about the German model, but I do like Mastershop pistols in general. Plus, the German model is beautiful and keeps the basic design intact.

Last edited:
Just got off Gunbroker $1450 for the American $4000 and up for the Swiss.
I could get one hellofa 1911 for that money. :eek:

I could get one hellofa 1911 for that money.

The Swiss guns get a lot more expensive than that. The rarest models are easily five figures and up. Its collector's value and also just the way they're built. You can't compare a P210A with a Swiss gun in terms of price. They are apples and oranges.

By the way, I'd take a Swiss P210 over ANY $4000 1911 and I own and have owned many of them.

I could get one hellofa 1911 for that money.

I was thinking the same thing .

By the way, I'd take a Swiss P210 over ANY $4000 1911 and I own and have owned many of them.

Why ? Is it collectability ? A $4000+ hand made and fitted 1911 with the fancy trigger and barrel is likely to shoot just as well . What make the Swiss P210 better then "any" custom 1911 ?

That's a real question and not being snarky . The 1911 with all the after market parts and ease in which to work on must go into the equation . I have no doubt the standard Swiss P210 is better then any standard 1911 but the standard 1911 can be had for $700 . Spend the same amount of money on each and I'd have to think you'd get a pretty nice 1911 .

Or better yet lets do that backwards . Build a Swiss P210 for the price it cost to build the standard 1911 and which would you want ? The corners you'd likely need to cut to build the Swiss P210 for that would surely bring down the quality .

Last edited:
Back